Eating habits

suffolkboi61

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Marzipan ewwwwwwwwww
Hi all,
has been awhile since I was on the forums due to health and mental problems arising from losing the weight to quickly.
I am now on Lyrica Pregabalin 75mg, one daily at bedtime, for the pians in both feet.
Also my scar on left shin has decided to really play up now and become infected at the slightest graze or knock.
I have also had to promise my daughter to come here and ask for help and to admit to my rather strange eating habit now as it is causing severe conflicts in the home.

All i can eat now is cold food and mainly cream crackers, I eat 1/2 large packets a day and only the odd salad per week. If I eat anything hot I feel physically sick and retch.

I have no appetite for anything else, I know myself this is not doing me any good as last Friday evening I spent the time in casualty as my daughter had told me when I told her that my left knuckles were painful and red, she informed me that I had punched the hell out of the wall.

on checking my BS it was 1.9 this is not the first time it has been that low.

I keep telling my daughter that I will go see the doctor but as yet have not ventured there.

I have tried to stop eating cream crackers but get very agitated when there are none in the house.

C

catherinecherub

Hi suffolkboi,

Sorry to hear that things are not going well for you.

I really think you need professional help and would urge you to go and see your Doctor. The eating disorder you are now experiencing and the low blood sugars need addressing.
We will support you all the way but do not have the expertise to deal with your problems.

(((hugs)))) and please take the bull by the horns and ask for help from the professionals.

Catherine.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Suffolkboi,

As Catherine says, do go and see your gp and discuss this with him/her asap.

Nigel

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Hi Suffolkboi,

So sorry to hear that you are having such problems. Do go and see your doctor as soon as you can and get help. Let us know how you get on, we are all supporting you all the way.

More <<hugs>> coming your way.

samkw

hope your ok.
i know its scary to go and talk to someone. i didnt when i needed to.

i am now eating more sometimes to much. but i am trying to control it now.

keep us updated with how your getting on :)