Ebay

Defren

I mentioned a while ago that the cost of clothing due to rapid weight loss was becoming silly. I have had to redo my entire wardrobe twice now, and still clothes are to big. Someone (Sweetheart?) suggested I try ebay. I have a bit of a phobia about clothing other people have worn, so decided it wasn't for me. However, it was still niggling away, so I had a look. I was surprised to see there are loads of brand new clothes there, some designer names, some high street names, some names I has never heard of. Anyway, I took the plunge and ordered a couple of items. One arrived today, it was described as a two piece skirt suit, with calf length skirt in chocolate brown, brand new with tags. It arrived, wrapped in really lovely scented tissue paper, inside both garments as well as the wrapping. The tags were still attached and it's beautiful. I am so thrilled.

So my thanks to whomever it was who suggested I try ebay, had you not done so, I would not now be the proud owner of a really lovely suit. I have a couple of tops due as well, so getting quite excited now. :lol:

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope you have somewhere nice to go in your new gear :lol: .Dont get carried away and spend all your money or you will be on a starvation diet and lose more weight and need more clothes :!:
CAROL

zoecrean

Be careful, ebay is highly addictive :)

Set yourself a maximum bid (including postage) and stick to it, or do buy it now so you know what your total price is.

I would recommend going on ebay whenever you are looking for something specific, but do not browse just for fun because you WILL find something you want and then anaother thing and then another thing. You get the picture :)

Happy shopping.

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
My partner won't buy anywhere else, he only wears designer stuff (snob). We even buy our cars off there and never had a problem yet.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
I had a similar 'phobia' but when I was really strapped for cash I took the plunge. I was amazed that you can get brand new clothes from there that are just as good as the stuff you find in the high street shops for HALF THE PRICE!!

SweetHeart

My latest bargains are a pair of chocolate brown suede boots - brand new with tags - for 4.99, and a Geiger boiled wool jacket (with the £385 price tag still attached) for £4 including postage. Last week I bought a new Reiss skirt for £1.98. Got my eye on a few other things too.....I love ebay. Anything I buy that doesn't live up to expectations or fit properly goes straight back on.....I've even resold somethings for more than I paid for them, even with a 99p start. And it's so much nicer to try things on in privacy.

......even though I say it myself, I'm looking very smart these days. And, thanks to advice on here, I am now a trim size 10 for the first time in twenty years. :D

Just need to stop my blinkin' hair from falling out now...... :crazy:

Ju