Effects after diabetic eye screening

claymic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
Hope i can get some feedback. Last Wednesday I had my eye screening and they put the drops in. Since then my vision had been a bit off. If I focus on something in the distance my vision goes blurry and also even if I put something close by I see it blurred.
I called the eye casualty clinic at Leicester royal and they said that my pupils might still be dilated and to wait another three days. I was out today and I felt like squinting.

Should I be worried? Anyone experienced this?

Thanks

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

C

catherinecherub

It seems a long time for this to go on.

Hope someone else who has experienced this will reply. I expect the sun is making it worse but I would attend your G.P. as an emergency on Monday if things have not improved.

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am very sensitive to the eye drop and the effects last until the next day, but yours has gone on for too long so I would echo the last post and say you need to see either your optician (if you have one) or go into the eye clinic. I'm not sure your GP would be much use with this.

H

Hooked

I'd book an appointment to see an optician. GPs are less than useless when it comes to things like this tbh. Optician will have much more experience. Hope it clears up soon for you.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In the meantime, use sunglasses to protect your eyes. The iris contracts to keep excess light out of the eye - so you'll need to protect your eyes til the iris is back on the job. :)

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Specksavers are open sundays if you have one near you could go in as an emergency they may well see you.

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Usually the effects of the drops wear off within 24 hours, I would get your eyes checked out if they are no better today.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Good luck and hope everything is fine.

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Be fine you will find out you have mutant eyes and in future you will have to suffer a week or so of glaring sunlight that us poor old normals only put up with for 24 hours :-D

Joking apart may just be that in future you will need screening done a different way somehow without the drops or maybe some antihistamines beforehand if you have a minor allergy to the eye drops. I am betting that it will take a bit longer and the eyes will go back to normal.

Chin up :)

Reactions: 2 people

claymic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Update - at the eye casualty clinic they did not seem to think that it is due to the drops. In fact they put drops again. The doctor examined my eyes, and the pressure in them. She said they are all clear and can't find anything wrong. So she advised to go to optician to check my vision. Can the change be due to me starting insulin in the last 10 days. My levels have not been as high as they were before.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App