embarrasing

Curleous

Dislikes
bad manners and rudeness
Hi all
has anyone experineced dandruff since being t1. I have got it terrible and have dry skin especially on face eyebrows etc.... i have tried all the usual shampoos etc but still there... creases of nose also have it and starting to get me down.

Help

Curleous

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Try asking doctor for a special medicated,prescribed lotion for this.

Fujifilm

I don't get dandruff but very dry skin on my face and eyebrows and the doctor prescribed Calmurid cream, but I find using good old E45 works just as well. :D

Tara

Hi,
I was diagnosed as Type 1 in December 2008. I have noticedthat I have had a particularly flaky scalp and dry skin since then, something that I didn't suffer from before. I also seem to break out in spots a lot more often now, again, this isn't a problem that I had before. I don't know if it's connected to the diabetes but it does seem like too much of a coincidence. I don't know whether it's a reaction to the insulin or what. I have been thinking of making an appointment with my doctor but I keep thinking that they will think it a silly or trivial complaint! I've tried E45, moisturisers and anti- dandruff shampoos to no avail as yet. I probably will mention it at my next appointment.
Bloody diabetes, it can be anything from life threatening to mildly inconvenient. Sometimes I feel quite positive about it all but at other times I wonder how I'll get through another day. So far, so good today though...

Fujifilm

Tara said:
Hi,
I have been thinking of making an appointment with my doctor but I keep thinking that they will think it a silly or trivial complaint! ..

Always worth mentioning it to the doctor, if its bothering you its not trivial and your doctor will have heard it all before. :D

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My daughter suffers with dry skin, we regularly add some Oilatum Junior to her bath water and that seems to do the trick. She doens't have dandruff but her hair is very dry so it takes lots of conditioner. The Dr's won't give us the Oilatum on prescription because her dry skin isn't significant enough.

Curleous

Dislikes
bad manners and rudeness
thanks all as usual...

have tried the oilatum and have tried all the medicated shampoos..cider vinegar next as i hear that is good!!!

bloody diabetes......
thanks

xx

sallywally

hi try eating more oily fish and nuts,i find this does help also teatree oil add a couple of drops to your normal shampoo.mention it to your doctor as maybe lacking in concern victims.goodluck