Empagliflozin

Peaches20

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone. I’m a new to this forum and I’m after some advice/help. Earlier this week I was prescribed Empagliflozin 25mg. I took first dose on Thursday with breakfast. Woke up yesterday with a slight sore throat which got worse throughout yesterday. I still took tablet with breakfast yesterday but this morning my whole chest area is sore and I feel as if I’m coming down with a cold. I’ve searched online and there’s nothing coming up and wonder if anyone else is on this medication, if so are these symptoms common? My throat and chest feel so sore that I’m thinking of not taking today’s dose. Any advise is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone. I’m a new to this forum and I’m after some advice/help. Earlier this week I was prescribed Empagliflozin 25mg. I took first dose on Thursday with breakfast. Woke up yesterday with a slight sore throat which got worse throughout yesterday. I still took tablet with breakfast yesterday but this morning my whole chest area is sore and I feel as if I’m coming down with a cold. I’ve searched online and there’s nothing coming up and wonder if anyone else is on this medication, if so are these symptoms common? My throat and chest feel so sore that I’m thinking of not taking today’s dose. Any advise is appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Not aware of this drug causing throat or chest problems, but it is not entirely innocent. It does have upper respiratory infection listed as a side effect
as in
https://www.rxlist.com/jardiance-side-effects-drug-center.htm

There is a sticky thread in this meds subsection on SGLT-2 Inhibitor meds, that includes Jardiance, that you are advised to read up on since it includes some important findings registered with the FDA,

Here too is a new one hot off the press
https://www.google.com/search?q=jar...hUzpnEKHYGoA9YQ1QIoBHoECAUQBQ&biw=897&bih=446

Reactions: Peaches20