Emulin, a carbohydrate manager...?

tlcc77

Type of diabetes
LADA
Has anyone tried a new supplement for T2 diabetes called Emulin, marketed as DeCarb or GC7X? It's supposed to be a carbohydrate manager or carbohydrate controller. It contains 3 phytochemicals--Quercetin, Myricetin and Chlorogenic Acid. These chemicals are extracted from black berries and raw cane sugar. It does not replace diabetic medicines but can help to reduce the medicines needed because it helps to manage carbohydrate more efficiently in the body. It can also help in weight loss.

carol43

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Reading the blurb about this product it seems too good to be true. If it lowers my BG by 25% as claimed it would put me in a very bad state. LCHF is easier and a lot cheaper. Apparently the people that perfected it are undergraduates and it is labelled dietary supplement as the American FDA haven't done any tests on it.

tlcc77

Type of diabetes
LADA
Reading the blurb about this product it seems too good to be true. If it lowers my BG by 25% as claimed it would put me in a very bad state. LCHF is easier and a lot cheaper. Apparently the people that perfected it are undergraduates and it is labelled dietary supplement as the American FDA haven't done any tests on it.
Reason why it's classified a supplement is because supplements, unlike drugs, do not need FDA approval. FDA will take a long time to approve a drug because the drug has to go through a gamut of tests. I take your sound advice about LCHF being cheaper and more effective, without side-effects :)