Type 2 Energy and sleeping

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi,

I am at almost a crisis level as I have no energy or motivation at all to do even small things and my sleeping is terrible and all over the place which I have noted too a slight rise in my blood glucose levels but I had established a pattern that had brought it all under control but it seems to be relapsing for some reason.

I am on 2x Metformin 1g a day plus a swathe of other medications but recently I was taken off morphine patches which caused abscesses on my skin to MST where I have noticed in the week and a half the dramatic changes but have seen a slow change in any case.

Am due to see vascular as I have quite bad neuropathy but I have noticed frequently more going to the loo and the pains in my kidneys are back yet I am consuming no sugar or sugary products and find it hard to eat whatsoever as I feel quite yuk afterwards. I had my readings down even after meals to a good 4.5 but now its climbing back up to 9-10 or more and yet my diet is heavily supervised by my daughters.

I don't know how to self motivate myself to try and win back even a modicum of my daily routine or how to get the energy back, I also have asked for help with sleeping as even one caffeinated drink can keep me up all night but GP's seem to avoid any form of sleeping assistance now and all I want is to wait up til a certain time, take my medications then zonk out until morning when hopefully I will limber up and address the day.

The neuropathy is complicated with Peripheral Vascular Disease in any case and I find it very painful and very difficult to walk in a long line for long distances and have to do a bit, stop til the pain goes, then go on, stop etc and find it very frustrating as I used to be a soldier that could run 30 miles and now I can't walk 30 feet without pain :(

Another thing is the leg jerks and leg twitches when I lay down, my legs actually hurt and this helps to keep me awake too as the twitches build up in more and more discomfort until I have to sit up and massage them but takes half an hour to subside. My feet are like very painful ice and have little feeling in them except for the painful coldness that even with two thick woolly socks on each does little to reduce.

Any ideas, any help out there greatly appreciated, my diagnosis is type 2 stage 2 but this sudden lurch downwards has me worried.

highsugar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi mate
Commiserations on your present suffering. Its no joke this **** disease is it. Just wanted to reach out the hand of support to fellow veteran and say, I hear you. You are not alone.
The sleeping, or not issue is a b****r I know. Vicious circle. Without rest
I am fit for the bin. I can only give you one bit of info. I suffer from the leg jerk issue too. Drives me MAD. It is actually a recognised condition called Restless Leg Syndrome and you can get medication for it. I find mine starts before bed when I have pushed myself too far. If it is day time, ie poor sleep the night before, I have to get my head down in bed for maybe an hour. All fixed. I have other probs and take a shedload of meds so I nap if necessary but if in bed, I find that tip toeing around the room a bit helps. Sounds daft I know. Go steady, hold onto something but I find the stretching of the calf muscles helps stop the twitches, dive in bed, sleep, job done. It may not work for you -horses courses, but give it a try.
There always used to be a "rule" that anything which impacted on your daily life and reduced your quality of life, needed to be sorted. Don't know where that went. Same way as the care in nursing care went I expect.
Anyway, enough waffle from me. Try GP again. Write out what you want to say, in notes or like a speech. Keep it focused and on point. Ask for one or two issues to be fixed. Keep calm, be rational and un emotional, look em in the eye and be firm. ALSO take a mate, relative in with you. Drs don't like witnesses. Worked a treat for me though I resent having to do it. Think it all through. Narrow it to one or two priorities stick to it and ask for resolution.
I hope this helps a bit. These so called docs can not rob you of your right to treatment. You are worthy of care. Especially as you have given time to serve your country.
Learn about your conditions. You know your body and how you feel, not them. Just feeling like taking a bit of control will do wonders for your motivation. They can not reduce you to a shell life. Demand more, politely. I always want to ask, and if I were YOUR mum, sister? Would that answer be good enough for them?
Chin up chap! Shoulders back. Think of all your achievements these pen pushers can never match..
Good luck, best foot forward

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thx for the reply, I will give that a try with the tiptoeing and see how that goes.

I do try and take my daughters in with me to GP and consultants but because I was on co codomols for nearly 21 years they are very nervous about me and legal issues as my old GP was a brilliant bloke to talk to but new one is a bit savvy about legal stuff and a bit holistic.

Thanks again and will see how that works :)