Enforced diet means I have hit my first weight loss target

ixi1429

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Okay,

This is slightly tongue in cheek but I now weigh less than 80 kgs. A week ago I was 84.5kg. I cannot in all good conscience recommend my diet as it was caused by flu over the last three days. Average temp Sat and Sunday was 40.5, average temp today 39.5.
Been to the Dr's and received the advice I expected- fluids and bed rest. I was not being sarcastic as my Dr's is generally pretty good, rang up this morning, got an apt this afternoon but given my High BP plus T2 plus over 40 temp I thought it was a good idea and the Dr agreed.
Feel like a stable floor but the good news - lost weight. Guess this low carb this works as I have only had about 20 g carbs per day sine Saturday :)

I figure another 2-3 kgs and then maintain.

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
go gently you dont want to harm yourself

ixi1429

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
that was my plan. Unfortunately my plan wen a bit wrong due to influenza.

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Okay,

This is slightly tongue in cheek but I now weigh less than 80 kgs. A week ago I was 84.5kg. I cannot in all good conscience recommend my diet as it was caused by flu over the last three days. Average temp Sat and Sunday was 40.5, average temp today 39.5.
Been to the Dr's and received the advice I expected- fluids and bed rest. I was not being sarcastic as my Dr's is generally pretty good, rang up this morning, got an apt this afternoon but given my High BP plus T2 plus over 40 temp I thought it was a good idea and the Dr agreed.
Feel like a stable floor but the good news - lost weight. Guess this low carb this works as I have only had about 20 g carbs per day sine Saturday :)

I figure another 2-3 kgs and then maintain.

I'm tempted to click 'like' but given the detail of your post that's a tricky one!

Anyway I hope you get well soon and come out of it well and closer to a weight you are comfortable with!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had a similar experience just before Xmas I lost over 2 kilos in a week due to a couple of days in hospital! Not a recommended diet method but I was strangely pleased! :joyful: