Enough is enough! (Yes, it's a rant)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkyrich

Sorry to the easily offended, and even sorrier to the admin and moderators who'll doubtless be inundated with demands for this post to be taken down, my membership revoked and my family jewels to be slow roasted over a blow torch, but...

Most of the members of this forum are good hearted, kind folk who freely give their time and knowledge to help improve the lives of fellow diabetics of whatever type.

Then there are the ones who look on this forum as their only outlet for their sad bitterness. Arguments and controversy have their place but NOT every time they post. That's just being arsey for the sake of it.

There's also the ones who, for whatever reason, seem to think they're the only diabetics in the world. It's not a nice disease but they need to learn to do what the rest of us did- research it's causes, research how to improve its effects, GET ON WITH IT. Stop asking the same thing over and over ad nauseum, pick an answer that might work for them and give it a go. No one has ever seen an improvement in their condition by exercising their typing fingers continually.

And while I'm on the subject, if it walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck. If it walks like a cow, poos like a cow and moos like a cow, it's not likely to be a duck. If you've had BG tests, fasting tests and every other test and they've been negative, then you aren't a duck either. But neither are you a diabetic so go find another disease to enjoy.

Ps, I'm blaming this on my raised BG levels....

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
:clap: :clap: :thumbup:

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Whilst I agree with your words, I think the newly diagnosed are in shock and the same questions will undoubtedly keep appearing. I'm pretty certain when I was first diagnosed, every question I'd asked had probably been asked before. I'd have hated to have been told to just research though. I do agree that there are a few who seem to like to wallow in misery and doom & gloom though !

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
mo1905 said:
Whilst I agree with a lot of what you say, I think the newly diagnosed are in shock and the same questions will undoubtedly keep appearing. I'm pretty certain when I was first diagnosed, every question I'd asked had probably been asked before. I'd have hated to have been told to just research though. I do agree that there are a few who seem to like to wallow in misery and doom & gloom though !

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Get a feeling sparky is referring to folks who want us to diagnose them, even when their doctor says your ok.

The " BASIC INFORMATION FOR NEWLY DIAGNOSED DIABETICS" post in my introduction thread I thought was a lot of help.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
dawnmc said:
Get a feeling sparky is referring to folks who want us to diagnose them, even when their doctor says your ok.

Indeed and also the one's who ask your advice,you then give it,they thankyou and say they'll try it only for them to start a new topic 15 minutes later asking the same question...quite disillusioning TBH. :(

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Posts from newly diagnosed will be acceptable here .
After all we ALL had to start 'somewhere' and 'someplace'

It can be both bewildering and a shock to lots of persons when first
starting out seeking answers here ...
Yes some questions WILL be the obvious ones and somewhat repeated too .

There is a huge difference with a vunerable newly diagnosed diabetic regardless of 'type'
to a deliberate ask the same questions over and over poster just to engage a heated reaction .

Any posts of concern should be reported in using the report function key [triangle]
These will reach the moderating teams attention .

No-one here CAN diagnose anyone else - this is against the forum rules !

Far better to encourage , inspire , and support all members here with positive posts :thumbup:

Anna .

sparkyrich

Anna, with respect, I was a newly diagnosed diabetic not that long ago. I also asked questions on here that we're doubtless repeats of a hundred others.
Once I'd asked those questions though, I read the replies and followed any given links to articles and read those. If I didn't understand something I asked for help. I didn't repost my own questions again and again in the hope that someone would give me an answer I preferred to the ones they had given already. It's not that folk post today what someone else posted yesterday and someone different posted the day before. It's when the same person posts the same question over and over that niggles ( and for niggles read " makes me so angry I want to tear my own face off").

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Best to move along here with more positive vibes and great supporting role

Keep things progressing forwards , to help so many others ... :thumbup:

[ just avoid the niggles reads - if it should make you feel so :evil: ]
Simply report these in [if they bother you this much] - leave for the mod team to handle .

Anna .

julie54

Anna - in fairness to Sparkyrich - I know what he is referring to - and with respect - I am of the same opinion. I - and many others - are so grateful to these forums for the help and advice given when newly diagnosed - but share Sparky's frustration in that I have answered and tried to help an individual - but to no avail. The individual just repeats the same questions over and over in a variety of forums - and so the frustration felt by me - and many others - is that our help/advice has simply been ignored - and then it all seems like a waste of time and effort. He is not being unfair in what he is saying - he is being realistic and frustrated at having tried to help - and then ignored. I do share his frustration - and know where he is coming from. :roll:

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
julie54 said:
Anna - in fairness to Sparkyrich - I know what he is referring to - and with respect - I am of the same opinion. I - and many others - are so grateful to these forums for the help and advice given when newly diagnosed - but share Sparky's frustration in that I have answered and tried to help an individual - but to no avail. The individual just repeats the same questions over and over in a variety of forums - and so the frustration felt by me - and many others - is that our help/advice has simply been ignored - and then it all seems like a waste of time and effort. He is not being unfair in what he is saying - he is being realistic and frustrated at having tried to help - and then ignored. I do share his frustration - and know where he is coming from. :roll:

Indeed ! I love helping newbies but occasionally a minority come along that appear not to want help but just to disagree with all the advice given despite their methods clearly not working...I just tend to move on and advise someone who actually does want to change for the better.

julie54

Thanks Paul - I just felt that Sparkyrich needed a bit of support!! And now we can all move on!!! :D Julie

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I'm new here too and I share Sparky's frustrations at some posts

I have had some incredibly helpful advice and , for example, those that love low carb generally say of course there are other views.
I have also found support here.

I asked questions but not the same question every day, sometimes more than every day. I doubt if anyone wants to ignore a person in genuine need or confusion and if there was something we could clarify we would. But some posts just go round the houses repeatedly. I think we should have to do what they do in the House of Commons
'I refer the honourable member to my earlier answer'

Cara

sparkyrich

A quick note of thanks for the support and yes, let's get back to helping each other - whether newbies, old hands or the mentally infirm... Hi Andy!

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Right - No-one has made any reports of the posts you are referring to/about here :?:
I have just checked/looked into this for you all :thumbup:

So the mod team or 'myself' CANT assist nor help if we do NOT know which or what posts
you are currently referring to - in this thread .

This is our role and job here - to deal with things of this nature :thumbup:

As I KEEP saying - please use the report function key - and do let us know of any concern
via PM too if you prefer .

To just keep grumbling away in circular communication negatively ISNT much productive here in this thread .

Thanks Anna.

julie54

Hi Anna - it isn't a case of just 'grumbling away in circular communication negatively! A lot of people have answered the questions posted in true and genuinely caring manner - to just then find the advice ignored. I, like many other people, just let it go - but then saw it happening time and time again - but did not respond in any rude manner - because at the end of the day this person clearly has a problem - not only with diabetes. It feels wrong to report somebody who has a genuine need - which clearly they do. But then the penny sort of drops, and it almost leaves you feeling like a bit of a fool!! There has not been any 'inter'grumbling' going on - just a sense of frustration - and it would seem that 'the penny dropped' at much the same time for everyone. I - and all the others who have aired their frustration - I am sure still want to help wherever and whenever possible - these forums are totally invaluable to all newly diagnosed and seasoned diabetics. So I for one would like to say 'thank you' for hosting them and for giving diabetics the only real opportunity to pursue their journey through this condition. Julie

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Thanks Julie!

I as many do I suspect,feel the same as you and will continue to help wherever we can,I can appear direct at times myself but my motive is purely to see someone live a longer,healthier life(Like I plan to for myself) whilst avoiding horrible complications.I haven't seen anyone here say they won't help newbies again either.

Best

Paul

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
In lieu of this thread being set up .
A poor new member has been frightened/scared off on another thread now .

See this thread - viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47348

This isn't acceptable here ...

So I am locking this thread to prevent any more damage !

Anna .

Status
Not open for further replies.