Erratic morning levels.....

Roberto

Hi, looking for a bit of advice regarding morning levels can't seem to get a happy medium at the moment!

During weekdays I'm getting lower morning readings, with the odd mild hypo thrown into the mix. On weekday evenings (mon - thurs) I go to the gym anf do mix of cardio and weight training . I test before I go to the gym and as long as I'm around 7, I won't go hypo. I take 2 units of humalog to cover my evening meal and 20 units of lantus at 9pm.

I test 1 hour before bed, I'm usually around 5-6 so have 1 slice of burgen toast (12g of carbs) and test right before bed and an up at around 8.

Friday Saturday and Sunday are different I either go o the gym first thing or mid morning. I follow the same routines as above but finding my morning levels up at around 8-9, had a 11 Saturday morning which really wound me up!

Does lantus absorb better in the 12 hours directly after a gym work out?? I tried upping my lantus last night to 22 units but still at 7.9 this morning - that was with only a sugar free jelly before bed.

Apologies for any spellingkusrakes or poor grammar - on my phone typing this!!

Cheers!