Ever have hours or days where you just don't care?

CarlG

This just happened to me. Since diagnosed dec 2011 I've been fairly strict with my eating habits (xmas excluded :)) and gotten good readings and lost quite a bit of weight (a bit jojo'ing at the moment). But tonight I completely broke down. For the first time in over a year, I'm actually feeling filled up and way beyond, rather than being constantly hungry. I've also been sick since easter with some nasty stomach flu, maybe I had some "catching up" to do now that it seems to be back in order?

What confuses me is the readings I get an hour after the big sin - only 5,7, after all this:
* 15 pieces of crispbread (?, but healthy stuff), rather than the usual 3, all with double the amount of extras (full tube of cheese and double/30 pieces of some kind of meat - language barrier).
* 1 apple for "dessert" (normal). This alone is enough to normally cause a rise when taken late.
* 1 liter! of chocolate pudding (some sugar) with vanilla sauce (pure sugar?) for "post dessert". Plain ridiculous, but I felt like it. Unplanned, but our friend Newton had other plans :eek:

I did my (nearly daily) 5km jogging session today (30 mins, I'm a hevy smoker), but still, how can this be? I honestly expected to skyrocket the readings. Earlier when I know I've been bad, I immediately do a 5min more intensive run, to prevent "spiking" I know will come, but today I just didn't care.

Btw, my regular readings are around 4-5,5 although I can encourage a 7,5 if I'm naughty at lunch. Current weight around 83kg, in case it matters. Diagnosed T2 more than a year ago, but now know I must have had this for a few additional years.

So, I have three questions:
1) What did my body just do, since I'm still kinda low after all that crazy eating?
2) Do you have days/hours where you don't care at all? Or care and try to stay low with exercise?
3) How much raise in BG is required to qualify as a "spike"? Anything above target values?