Excessive wind.

taurusmmuk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was diagnosed with T2 about four months ago. Apart from being quite confused with all the various theories and equally vociferous disclaimers by various experts, some seemingly genuine; others peddling goods or services that to my mind makes them appear rather disingenuous. “Allegedly”. :wink:

I have tended to go the “almost vegetarian route” (is that an oxymoron) in that I have a lot of meat to eat so I am using what is left in very small quantities and it will last quite a long time. I must be one of the luckiest diabetics on the planet because I absolutely love all the vegetables, grains & beans on the planet and have no trouble making soups & stews to keep me going.
I have only one problem with all the above, wind and some bloating. I know the stock answer is to cut down, but even if I have a drink of water of a cup of tea I am belching up copious amount of wind but I don’t suffer much pain thankfully. Is there any kind of medication that would help to dissipate the wind but not affect my BG, in any way? I don’t use milk, very little cheese or butter just soya milk for my tea & porridge.

I managed to get through Christmas without any major problems, just an occasional overindulgence that did not seem to do too much damage, fingers crossed. In the last week I have bought a BG monitor and all my readings have been between 5.4 & 5.7 so I instinctively think is it working properly, I certainly hope so.
Thanks for reading, any help appreciated.
Jim.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, Taurusmmuk ,

It is quite normal that when you change to a vegetable diet, there will be wind problems in the early stages.(the digest system will soon adjust ).

However lets be fair, some say sprouts and beans may be a little dangerous if you know what I mean.

Best of luck with your diet.

Roy, :)

hallii

There is nothing wrong with wind, it is a natural by product of bacterial action in your gut.

Cows have wind, Elephants have wind, Gorillas have wind, and humans have wind.

I am a vegetarian and I have wind, I try to be discreet about it but sometimes it just has to come out.

I am of an age where I no longer worry what other people think, a simple "Pardon" suffices for me!

If you must,activated charcoal is used to absorb gas, but it can affect other medications so check first.

H