Exercise Classes (Spinning, Zumba, Les Mills, etc)

Fencer

Dislikes
Tomatoes. Mayo.
Is there anyone here into exercise classes? I joined a gym in February and very quickly got bored with running on a treadmill, so thought I'd try this Spinning class that I had heard so much about. Wow - I almost died! lol... 45 minutes of hell followed by 15 minutes of abs. On looking around the studio though and seeing everyone else looking as bad as I felt, I thought hmm, may have to try this again.

After a couple weeks I really started to get into it and was really enjoying myself. I remember there was always a tough going "lifts" (rising and pushing back in time with the instructor) that I always had to sit down half way through. This was my gauge... now that I can manage this track with added resistance, I can see how much I have improved.

Anyway, after a few weeks of Spinning, I asked the instructor to recommend some other classes. Now, I do Les Mills BodyAttack, BodyCombat and BodyPump on top of Spinning and the odd Kettlecise class. The differences I can see and feel in myself are great; plus I have met a load of people, I look forward to going to the gym instead of seeing it as a chore and I am getting great value for my gym membership.

loopylyn1

hello there, I too do RPM (Les Mills) classes three times a week and i love it. The first time i did them 4 years ago i too nearly died !!!!!!!but you really do build up quickly and now i love to push the gear and speed as best as i can. The music is so good too and always motivates me.I have tried body combat and body attack but i have no co-ordination and end up injuring myself !!!!! I love Zumba but sadly had to give it up due to an old foot injury that plays up when i do Zumba. I alternate my RPM days with swimming and the gym...I use weights and the viprs and kettlebells followed by floor work including abs and pilate moves. Good job i love going to my gym !!!!! i may be fat(find it very hard to loose weight even though i eat a good diet, this is being investigated !) but i quite fit !

micalhassi

Exercise classes are the best place where you can get attractive body muscles with out fat. i also do it in the beginning i take many valuable advises from my seniors they help me very much and guide which are the best way to do exercise. I reduced 30 kg within 2 months and adopt a diet plan. I use less fat foods and eat only fruits and boiled vegetables.