extremely ill may i have diabetes

graemeb

Hi im a 29 year old guy not over weight! I went to the docs about a month ago for a blood test as i was ill! The doc told me i possibly have an overactive thyroid problem! I then received a letter saying my glucose level was higher than normal and they now want me to go back for a fasting blood test this coming wednesday! In the mean time i have felt terrible, i am dizzy, cant breath, feel sick and have a dull headache! i would like some advice on the symptoms that diabetics here experienced before diagnosed and if i should seek medical attention earlier than wednesday because i dont think i can go on much longer with these symptoms! Thanks

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
graemeb said:
In the mean time i have felt terrible, i am dizzy, cant breath, feel sick and have a dull headache! i would like some advice on the symptoms that diabetics here experienced before diagnosed and if i should seek medical attention earlier than wednesday because i dont think i can go on much longer with these symptoms! Thanks

All of what you describe could be symptoms of uncontrolled diabetes (although they aren't the classic signs - numb toes, raging thirst, frequent urination, profuse sweating, thrush).

To be honest mate, if you are feeling that bad you should probably just go straight to the Doctors and make a nuisance of yourself. Get yourself to the hospital now before the Friday night drinkers get in. The worst that will happen is that they'll run a few tests and send you home knowing that it isn't anything terrible The weekend can be a long time if you're properly poorly.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Grazer

Borofergie's right(as usual!) but it could just be you're getting worked up because you're worried about what may be wrong with you - understandable. If you're worried, do as the big Borofergie says and go get checked out. It's what we pay them for!

graemeb

Thanks guys! Im gonna take a trip to the hospital tommorow see what they say. I dont fancy doing another weeks work in this state! Least i might get some answers:) ill let ya know what is happening! Cheers:)

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
This is just a 'test' post to see if there is a problem as reported ... I was able to open a reply box and if this sticks, I can find no fault!

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
The "Post Reply" option is working, it's the "Quick Reply" tab which is absent from the Pre-Diabetes forum. I have asked that this be put right :)

Grazer

Without wishing to de-rail the thread, what is the difference practically between using the quick reply and normal reply? Despite the name, I don't think speed is the difference?

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
Not having enough time. Broken sleep.
You have symptoms of Diabetic Ketoacidosis and you should go to a doctor urgently and not wait.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Grazer said:
Without wishing to de-rail the thread, what is the difference practically between using the quick reply and normal reply? Despite the name, I don't think speed is the difference?

IMO I think the difference is that Post Reply has many more options so you save time not having to make up your mind what to choose :lol: Have a look at both and you'll see the difference. For me, particularly in the Post Reply, the possibilities to save, preview, add pictures, add/remove signature and see previous posts, are particularly important, all of which don't appear on the Quick Reply option. This makes the Quick Reply option simpler to use.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
The quick reply is available on here now.

graemeb

Hi guys sorry for late reply on here my internet has been down! Better news than expected! I haven't got diabetes! However, i have been diagnosed with an overactive thyroid, 1 in 500 curiously! On medication now and feeling 100% better than i was! However, im still having visual disturbances in my right eye, which Is really annoying! Anyway i wud Just like to say thanks all for your advice and support :)

Camilla

Dislikes
Negative people with closed minds.
graemeb said:
Hi guys sorry for late reply on here my internet has been down! Better news than expected! I haven't got diabetes! However, i have been diagnosed with an overactive thyroid, 1 in 500 curiously! On medication now and feeling 100% better than i was! However, im still having visual disturbances in my right eye, which Is really annoying! Anyway i wud Just like to say thanks all for your advice and support :)

I am so glad to hear you are well again and have the right diagnosis. Take care of yourself.