Eye laser treatment

Montana

Dislikes
Anyone moody negative or judgemental
I've recently been given an appointment for laser treatment on my left eye due to a build up of fluid caused apparently by previous bad control of my diabetes. Has anyone else had this done and does it hurt or what can I expect them to do. I am petrified of having this done because of the risks, however rare they might be. When the consultant asked me to sign a form I told him I've not had time to read it yet. He said it is more or less how I've explained it to you. My memory is awful and could not remember so I've asked him for a copy to which he agreed. This was four weeks ago and I've received nothing so far. I've even popped into the hospital clinic and asked if they will send me a copy, again nothing even though the nurse took my number so she could ring me and I would go and pick it up. Also I know I could cancel the treatment but I've already waited over four weeks and don't know what to do next. :problem:

drumming_blitz

Hey Montana,

Don't worry about a thing, its a painless procedure. I've had this done a few times, and like yourself was worried when I first had it done.

You'll been taken into a room and have a bright light shone in to your eye. They will hold a magnifying glass on your eye, which is a little uncomfortable and that's about it. The procedure should last no more then ten minutes, in fact one of mine took literally about two minutes.

Hope I've helped set you mind at ease.

Montana

Dislikes
Anyone moody negative or judgemental
Thank you for that but I'm extremely nervous and if I'm like that my body shakes so I'm scared some damage might occur if I don't keep still.

Marrocco

"Thank you for that but I'm extremely nervous and if I'm like that my body shakes so I'm scared some damage might occur if I don't keep still."

I can understand that! It will help if you let the surgeon know your fears, and they can help- even give extra painkillers if needed, though the macular laser treatment (which I think is the one you are in for) is far the gentlest of the treatments, and even I am able to hold it together during the few minutes it takes- and I'm an Aspie with major medical phobias so can honestly appreciate any fear you are feeling.

We'll all be behind you, too, for any help that may give!