Eye question

Leeds Lass

Hello peeps

As i've mentioned in previous post my other half has retinopathy and has had laser about 2 years ago now. He had a bleed in 2010 that has been lingering ever since and left a floater in his left eye. We have been to see about having surgery to remove this and will be going back in November to discuss it further.

Anyway the reason for my post is, we went on holiday in August for 2 weeks which was lovely, during this time his floater completely disappeared! :D Now we are back it has slowly reappeared? I thought it might be a new bleed but he says not (he's used to looking at it, so he should know). He thinks it may be because he spent most of the two weeks lying down sunbathing, just wondered if anyone else had experienced this?

LL x

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Hi Leeds Lass

I have not come across sunbathing having that effect on eye floaters when researching that effect on your hubby. Perhaps a question to ask when you have the consultation in November. Who knows, you might get holidays on prescription!!

Regards

Doug

Carol Dial

I have had several bleeds over the years, but have never had a floater stay. I had a bleed just Sat. evening in rt. eye. I was sitting in a chair watching TV and here it came. It is in the process of clearing now. Takes a week or two. Was just to see two eye docs. One for the front of my eye, one for the back the first part of Sept. They of course didn't see any problem. I do know that lying down lets the bleed settle into one area and it is not scattered around. When you get up, it scatters again.