Eye Testing

mfactor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was diagnosed T2 a year ago and thanks to metaformin my diabetes is under control (just) , I have had the yearly eye test and that was fine, but I suffer from blurred vision some days , not bad but very noticeable to me.(I have worn reading glasses for a few years), some days I can read without glasses some I need my glasses and some I could do with stronger glasses.

My question is what to do about having a normal eye test as I dont know from one day to the next what my eyes will be like so no point testing on a "Good" day, asking here first but will chat to the doc my next vist.

Reactions: 2 people
C

catherinecherub

I would think the blurred vision could be when your sugars are high, the eyes are affected by this. Best to see your G.P. if this is ongoing.

If you need any help with bringing blood sugars down then please ask. The main things to consider are your diet and how much exercise you do.
Tell us a bit more about yourself and we will try and help.
Typical day's menu.
Any other health problems,
Exercise you complete daily.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I was diagnosed T2 a year ago and thanks to metaformin my diabetes is under control (just) , I have had the yearly eye test and that was fine, but I suffer from blurred vision some days , not bad but very noticeable to me.(I have worn reading glasses for a few years), some days I can read without glasses some I need my glasses and some I could do with stronger glasses.

My question is what to do about having a normal eye test as I dont know from one day to the next what my eyes will be like so no point testing on a "Good" day, asking here first but will chat to the doc my next vist.
I know what you mean. I had my eyes tested on Christmas Eve as I was freaking out at how blurry my eyes had suddenly become. My eyes had changed but was told that they would change again when I got my blood glucose under control.

Had my routine eye test today. My eyes have changed again, but, as predicted by my optician, are not as bad as Christmas. Getting new specs now and have been told my tests will now be annually (instead of every two years) in addition to my retinal screening at the hospital.