Eyed

breadman84

Newly diagnosed and last couple of days my vision has become blurred. The twist being that my eyesight is better without my glasses which I wear because of a stigmatism.

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone before?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

jeves

It might be down to stress you've had a lot to take in

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

billybadger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had the same when I was first diagnosed. I was told that it was something to do with my body trying to get the sugars from my lenses and that it would be back to normal within three months. They did return to normal but it was a slow process!

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had the same (I have astigmatism also). They recommend 3 moths before getting your eyesight retested, however mine settled down within a month. I didn't wear my glasses for most of that month, then wore them for the next 2 and then had them retested

drahawkins_1973

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I went really really long sighted after I was diagnosed. My eyesight would change during the day depending on when I took my insulin and it gave me stinking headaches but after about 3 weeks they settled down and I've had no problems since. I too read a lot about it at the time and it seems quite common.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

bumbles1952

Happened to me. My eyes improved to the extent that I did not need my specs for reading or distance . On visiting the optician he recommended that I got tested for diabetes. Hba1c was 117, put on Type 2 medication. Eyesight gradually deteriorated and was struggling with specs so had eyes retested, bg finger test readings had come down to acceptable levels, Needed new specs. These were fine for a number of weeks but then I found them too strong and reverted to my old specs. Went back to optician he confirmed my prescription had changed yet again. Was closer to my pre diabetic prescription. The optician of course would not replace lenses free of charge in my new specs but has agreed to reduced price when bloods are stable and I decide to have yet a further retest.

I shall be making an appt next week as my Hba1c is now 41.