Eyesight

Hi all, It's just little me again, I was recently, well end of March, start of April time diagnosed as a borderline diabetic, the last 3 days my eyesight has been very very poor, blurred more than anything else, is this at all related to diabetes and do I need to see my Doc yet again? :? :?

Dr H

Dislikes
- People without manners
- Being interrogated about non-low-carbing
See an optician.

Blurred vision is rarely fine.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Changing blood sugars can blur the vision, so It's not always retinopathy or something drastic. See an optician.

Sweet3x

Glad to hear it :)
Blurry vision is sometimes a sign of a raised or lowered bs, btw :) easy to check, with a blood test, just to make sure :)

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
T1 husband has had cataract surgery in both eyes. Just a few hours in the hospital and better vision.
Hana

dragongirl

Sweet3x - can I ask if you mean blurry vision has to do with a 'once lowering' of bg such as after managing to control it, or on a daily basis up and down according to readings? I ask because I have felt my vision isn't quite okay the last few days and my bg is now down to 4s and 5s from 7s and 8s. Maybe I need to change my glasses of course, but I just wondered what part bg is playing and if it's permanent or will get used to it. Thanks.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
dragongirl
Your recent improvement in Bg can be the cause of blurred vision. If you keep up the good control, the eyes will settle. delay your trip to the optician until then. And when you do go, tell the optometrist you are diabetic

dragongirl

Thanks, Hana
I only just read this as I was away where there was no internet.
I'm glad that it is due to lower bg levels so will stop worrying!