fabb course

suzi

Dislikes
people who are rude and ignorant, and people who have no patience in queues.
Hi Folks,
I'm so impressed with the Fabb course i have started through my hospital, Fabb stands for flexible adjustment of basal bolus and is aimed at children. I have a 10yr old T1 son with coeliac disease. Last night we were given a set of Salter Nutri-weigh & go scales, OMG how good was that of them, there computerised and contain 1400 listed food items, you just weigh your item, type in what it is, it tells you the weight/calories/protein/carbohydrate/ect, every home should have a set.
Have a diary to fill in for next week,for what Andrew eats/ weight/units of insulin ect, then we'll be learning about correction doses ect. I am so impressed with the course and the wonderful dietitian and diabetes nurse, wish everyone had an Alison and Rhonda in there area, life would be so much easier. Naturally as Andrews a growing child we can't low carb, but at least we have the knowledge to adjust to a low carb diet when he reaches adulthood, thanks to this wonderful forum and the team we have behind us.
Suzi x

C

catherinecherub

Hi suzi,
You certainly seem to have struck gold with the FABB course and the scales sound amazing. Anything that makes it easier for type1 children and their parents has to be a good thing and the scales seem to the perfect answer to managing diabetes.
Here's hoping that you, as a family, sail through this.
Regards, Catherine.

suzi

Dislikes
people who are rude and ignorant, and people who have no patience in queues.
:lol: :lol: :lol: thanks for the laugh Trinkwasser, had to read it twice Doh, before it hit me "Thunderbirds" are definately all go in my house.
Suzi x