Facial spots

Emmerdale

Good afternoon for about 2 years now I get a few tiny spotson my face wellnot really spots they seem to appear during night and then in morning they are like little scabs about the size of a pin head it could be just one that appears or it could be 4 or 5 Doc gives me cream but the real cure isantibiotic tablet course Doc says he doesn't think its realeted to my type2 diabetesbut there the info stops has anyone had similar or any suggestions thanks in advance :thumbup:

BaliRob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Noisy dogs and loud music especially low-note drumming
Dear Emmerdale,

I have a similar problem with unexplained very small blister spots, sometimes with white centres, for over a year now. Only the cheeks are affected - forehead and neck etc., completely clear.

I instinctively think this may be due to my Diabetes but cannot be sure of course. No ointments or creams have been effective so far. Sorry I cannot be more helpful but if you do find a wonder cure please let me know.

Rob

Emmerdale

GM been back to Docs this am she said it is foliculitus (don't know if that's how you spell it ) she says its a bacteria that gets into the hair follicles and causes havoc she also said it is very difficult to get rid of she gave some more fucididin cream and a bottle of hibiscrub and given an appointment for 3 weeks time to have a look to see if any improvement does anyone know of a cure any help will be very much appreciated ???

Emmerdale

Things appear to on the up with my facial spots only had one in 10 days Hibiscrub and Fucidine cream appear to be the answer but im still keeping up with the regime of washing my face with Hibiscrub and then applying cream im due back at docs on 17 Dec I will see if I should carry on doing same for a while longer,so bye for now will report when I know more

BaliRob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Hello Emmerdale,

My pharmacist here said he was reluctant to supply the cream especially for the face as it would cause damage to the skin and, at the very least burning. Do you find the cream to be 'fierce please?

Emmerdale

Hi BaliRob I have had no problem with Fucidine Cream the only thing my Doc mentioned was that it may be a little drying to some areas of skin but remedy it with moisturising cream the bit of dry skin would not have bothered me any thing would be better than spots all over my face, Im no oil painting but they did make me look rough ha ha Hibiscrub could also be a bit drying but not a problem the wife has tons of creams and potions

BaliRob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Thanks Emmerdale - Have decided to follow your lead will let you know how I get on

Barry Holt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Drivers who speed in built up areas
Thanks Emmerdale - Have decided to follow your lead will let you know how I get on
Hi have you had any success with Hibiscrub and Fucidine cream it appears to be working for me, for the last few days I have been attacking the spots with even more aggression ,I have been shaving with Hibiscrub and the washing my face with it and then Fucidine cream think I have got it on the run ,hopefully for good

BaliRob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
@Emmerdale and Barry Holt.

Only able to purchase Fuladic Sodium Fusidate 2% but not 100% effective. I am lucky my problem not so nearly as bad as Emmerdale
experienced.

Did either of you find a particular food caused the problem before?

Shaving with Hibiscrub (also not available in Indonesia) was a great idea - perhaps I should change my shaving soap/cream.

With best wishes,

Rob