False hyper?

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wonder if there is such a thing as a false hyper?

We probably all know what a false hypo is, how our mind/body may be fooled into experiencing symptoms of having low glucose levels even when these are actually normal, when used to running at higher than normal levels.

Does the opposite hold true?

Can our body act as if we are on high glucose levels when these are elevated but still normal?

Because this is exactly what I have experienced in the last two days. I have been snappy and short tempered and struggling through the day in what I can best describe as "swimming against the tide" mode. Everything a struggle, including being able to concentrate for any period of time. All symptoms I associate with running high sugars.

Yet my counts have been normal, no count, either pre or post prandial, was over 6,7 mmol. Just elevated compared with what I was returning for the previous two weeks or so.

For a couple of days now my counts, although by no means high, have been somewhat elevated: sixes where I would normally expect to see fours and fives. Today, I am finally showing symptoms of the cold these counts have been indicating.

Maybe it was the cold, or

I am just a grumpy old so and so.

Anybody else experienced anything similar?

Pavlos

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I wonder if there is such a thing as a false hyper?

We probably all know what a false hypo is, how our mind/body may be fooled into experiencing symptoms of having low glucose levels even when these are actually normal, when used to running at higher than normal levels.

Does the opposite hold true?

Can our body act as if we are on high glucose levels when these are elevated but still normal?

Because this is exactly what I have experienced in the last two days. I have been snappy and short tempered and struggling through the day in what I can best describe as "swimming against the tide" mode. Everything a struggle, including being able to concentrate for any period of time. All symptoms I associate with running high sugars.

Yet my counts have been normal, no count, either pre or post prandial, was over 6,7 mmol. Just elevated compared with what I was returning for the previous two weeks or so.

For a couple of days now my counts, although by no means high, have been somewhat elevated: sixes where I would normally expect to see fours and fives. Today, I am finally showing symptoms of the cold these counts have been indicating.

Maybe it was the cold, or

I am just a grumpy old so and so.

Anybody else experienced anything similar?

Pavlos
It could be that you're coming down with something. Cold? I find my bs rises when I'm about to be ill or if I am ill. Or once the temp rises in the summer. It also happened when I tried to stop my Metformin. Hugs!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Grumpy all the time? Moi?

Of course!! I think that's my job these days. :D:D:D

;)