1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Fancy a chat?

Discussion in 'Children & Teens' started by DiaBethic95, Mar 26, 2014.

1. DiaBethic95

DiaBethic95 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hello, I'm 19, I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in November last year. I was hoping to chat with someone around the same age as me that also has type 1 diabetes.
    Only just came across this forum, it didn't even occur to me that there would be anything like this, where I can talk to people going through the same thing as me.

So if you fancy a chat, feel free to message me :)

Beth.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

2. RosieDred

RosieDred Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi Beth, I'm rose :) I'm 24 and was diagnosed with type 1 in November.

This forum is amazing, it's helped me so much. I have learnt pretty much everything I know from here!

How are you coping with it all?

3. DiaBethic95

DiaBethic95 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Pretty good actually, I live with a diabetic nurse so that's very helpful!

This forum is very very helpful though, I've been learning loads of stuff and have only been on here a day!

How are you getting on?

4. TylerKirkham

TylerKirkham Type 1 · Member

Hey I am 20 and was diagnosed nearly 4 years ago but I recently started on an insulin pump to...I am here if you need a chat about anything as I know what its like feeling like there is no one that really understands!

More than welcome to message me with any questions and al answer them as much as I can :)

Tyler x

5. Jamie-95

Jamie-95 Type 1 · Newbie

Hi beth I'm jamie i'm 19 and have had diabetes for just over 7 years now so if you fancy a chat I'm here :) x

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook