1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by Pepsi Max, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Pepsi Max

Pepsi Max · Well-Known Member

Hey all, I recently watch the movie Fat, Sick & Nearly dead by Joe Cross. He basically went on a juicing only diet for 60 days, lost 90lbs, got really healthy, travelled across USA spreading the word etc etc I've since looked into the diet & you can do it for 3,5,10 or 15 days. You don't have to do the extreme of 60. Anyway it looks like a good idea to kick start weight loss & give the immune system a boost since you juice 80% Veg, 20% Fruit, drink only these juices, water & herbal tea. So no actual food. I was wondering have any other fellow type 1s tried this? I'm not looking for it to reverse my type 1, LOL just do the above...

Diabetic warrior since 2005!

2. paul-1976

paul-1976 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Re: Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead

I've not tried this personally but doesn't juicing remove all the fibre?

3. Pepsi Max

Pepsi Max · Well-Known Member

Apparently it removes the insoluble fibre but the soluble fibre remains...providing a way to better absorb enzymes..

Diabetic warrior since 2005!

4. SewK8

SewK8 · Well-Known Member

Hi

I tried it and the 1 st weeks was ok but then it was a disaster. Very hard to control BS. I sent the juicer back and now just eat well. Don't waste ur money

Xx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook