Fatigue in the Evening

Dick in Spain

Hello Everyone, After a long absence and new diagnisis I have returned. :D
Those who may have read my previous ramblings may remember that I was diagnosed as Type 2 last year.
To cut a long story short I was not happy with my Dr. and decided to change to a Dr. who is an Endocrynologist (again spelling is not my forte). After a very thorough examination, especially of my feet, he suggested that I was a Type 1 and a half diabetic. He prescribed 1Metformin 3 times per day in place of Prandin, and start Insulin self injections. :(
The previously high blood/sugar levels sank like a lead baloon, and soon I was able to achieve the prescibed level of between 3.8 and 7.2.. :D
Very good you may being saying to yourself as I did, BUT, come the evening I tend to hit a brick wall with fatigue. I have been known to fall asleep during a conversation with my partner!!!!! I´ll say no more on that matter.
I usually self inject at about 9.00pm and within an hour find it difficult to climb the stairs. I administer 17 units of insulin daily and after the initial hurdle of injecting in my stomach it´s now a piece of cake :angel:.
Well, I hope that there is somebody who can help me feel 21 again (I´m only 62). I eat a relitivly good diet of carbs, protien and veg/salad within the bounds of common sense and I´m fed up with feeling 62.
So long for,
Regards´´

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi **** and welcome back :)
I am bumping your post up so that more people may be able to help.

Sharon68

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome back ****, good to hear you have sorted out the Docs, it really helps when you have one you trust. Can't help you with the fatigue as although I have got quite good control I feel quite tired especially towards the end of the day. Now the lighter evenings are here I will be taking the dogs for a walk so hope the fresh air helps :smile:

Sent from my CnM TouchPad 10.1DC using DCUK Forum mobile app

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
**** in Spain said:
Hello Everyone, After a long absence and new diagnisis I have returned. :D
Those who may have read my previous ramblings may remember that I was diagnosed as Type 2 last year.
To cut a long story short I was not happy with my Dr. and decided to change to a Dr. who is an Endocrynologist (again spelling is not my forte). After a very thorough examination, especially of my feet, he suggested that I was a Type 1 and a half diabetic. He prescribed 1Metformin 3 times per day in place of Prandin, and start Insulin self injections. :(
The previously high blood/sugar levels sank like a lead baloon, and soon I was able to achieve the prescibed level of between 3.8 and 7.2.. :D
Very good you may being saying to yourself as I did, BUT, come the evening I tend to hit a brick wall with fatigue. I have been known to fall asleep during a conversation with my partner!!!!! I´ll say no more on that matter.
I usually self inject at about 9.00pm and within an hour find it difficult to climb the stairs. I administer 17 units of insulin daily and after the initial hurdle of injecting in my stomach it´s now a piece of cake :angel:.
Well, I hope that there is somebody who can help me feel 21 again (I´m only 62). I eat a relitivly good diet of carbs, protien and veg/salad within the bounds of common sense and I´m fed up with feeling 62.
So long for,
Regards´´

Hi ****

I have trouble staying awake at night, sometimes even before 8pm my eyes are so haevy and I just have to close them, just for 5 minutes............but that often turns into 2 hours. I don't know what's going on, but I know I am missing some good tv because I am constanly nodding off ( Type 1 for 23 years, 56 kilos) its so frustrating :? I certainly feel more tired and fatigued and flagging and my cats end up snuggled up with me on the sofa.

Best wishes RRB

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hello **** .

Untill I got better control of my BG levels I would sit down and never feel myself drop asleep
But I had fallen fast asleep quickly after just sitting down, goosed ...
Often found myself waking up from "many a nap" sat bolt upright :eek:

Once my BG levels got lowered I gradually found much more energy and focus ...

The only other thing I will mention here is - if anyone has hypothyroidism [underactive thyroid]
This too can make you so tired, weary, fatigued and sleepy .
It can only be diagnosed via a blood test from your own GP .

I have this - will be weary and fatigued until the meds get increased.
I have a blood test twice/three times a year to check my TFT [thyroid function test]
Other side effects of this with myself are very dry skin, feeling cold [even in the middle of a hot summer]
Dry gritty eyes and needing excessive sleep .

If any of these ring any bells - I suggest you ask about this to your own GP .

Another thing to consider is a poor level of VitaminD levels .
Given the long dark winter we have just had - lack of sunlight on the skin and body .
Again this can only be diagnosed via a blood test from your own GP.
A reading of lower than 50 is a concern - [mine was 23.7] - so it was clear I was needing
help [meds] to raise these levels.
I now take '2' VitaminD forte3 daily .

It took me 3months of time to get my levels of vitaminD and thyroid levels up to normal range .
Plus , get my BG levels under better control - then I stopped falling asleep at the drop of a hat
or everytime I sat down!

If you are at all worried or concerned please 'do' pop along and see your own GP .
They will be able to help and advise you accordingly.

Anna.

vonbon1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being sick 24/7
Hi ****. Diagnosed T2 just 7 weeks ago, on low carb diet. bgs already down, lost lots of weight, feel healthier, but most days about 3pm I doze off at my pc. I can be typing away next thing I know my heads hitting off the keyboard, evenings about 8pm out cold so fast it's unreal. As soon as I sit down and relax zonked, my partner is quite amazed at how quickly I fall asleep. I sleep for 2 hours, quite frankly if he didn't wake me I think I would sleep the night through.

I don't feel equipped to give you any advice just wanted to let you know it's not just you
Hope you get it sorted soon

vonbon