Favourite books, music and films

gefmayhem

Dislikes
salad
More curiosity and for something to do over lunch.
What are your favorite books, music and films.
Feel free to give reasons if you wish.

Book: One Fine Day in the Middle of the Night by Christopher Brookmyre - a school reunion on an oil rig with terrorists. Very funny, loads of swearing and would make a great move in the Die Hard tradition.

Music: Currently 'In Absentia' by Porcupine Tree - rock, prog, detuned guitars all kinds of stuff. I really love everything this band has done

Film: I love good cartoons, The Incredibles, Toy Story, Monsters Inc. etc. go back to Tom and Jerry, Bugs Bunny and I've got them all. If it makes me laugh, then its a good film.

Lunch over :(

rottweilsteve

Dislikes
incorrect punctuation (see above), Otherwise dishonesty, discrimination, prejudicial behaviour. and general nastiness.
Books: I am so grateful that my mother taught me and encouraged me to read. The trip to the library was a highlight of the week when I was little. Let's see... the Narnia books, of course, Jack Chalker's Well World series, Mervyn Peake's Gormenghast trilogy, Lord of the Rings. Recently I've been reading a lot of sword and sorcery stuff.

Music... Tyrannosaurus Rex's Unicorn - music from a faery world, Tangerine Dream's Rubycon - best chill out ever, Van der Graaf Generator's Trisector, and Toyah's The Changeling

Film: I love a good musical. I enjoyed the Johnny Depp Sweeney Todd, but not what they'd done with the music, cutting half of it out. Fortunately I've got a couple of other DVDs of the stage version. Cabaret, of course - all that divine decadence, and I think it's about time to watch Chicago again. Not a musical but "To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything Julie Newmar" is amazing: a drag queen buddy road movie...