Fed up with my levels at the moment

LaughingHyena

I need a bit of a rant to day, I just don't feel I'm in control of my sugar levels at the moment and nothing I've tried seems to be making a difference.

A few months ago I changed form Lantus to Levimir as I was all over the place. It has helped, I've stopped having so many random hypos but now I'm struggling to keep my numbers down. I was doing OK before the school holidays, managing to stay around 6 all day but the smallest change in routine and it's all gone out of the window. Arggg.

I've been havign regular appointments with a dietician but didn't make another, as things seemed to be going well. Left it that I would contact her if I had any problems. Well I've emailed and rung and not heard back. We'd talked about one of the meters which records everything and calculates a dose, at the time I wasn't sure it would help but now I think it would be worth trying but I don't seem to be able to get hold of her.

Ahh well, school starts again in a few days so maybe being back to routine will sort things out a bit, and I'll ring again. Worst case I see the consultant again in a few weeks.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Could possibly be that your not as active during the school holidays which would mean an increase in your insulin needs, see how it goes next week and if things are no better then speak with your diabetes team.