fed up

panjanda

Fed up as eating boring food and bloods this morning 9.6 :-( after 100g of muesli and a coffee.

Dietician yesterday said i have to include carbs with every meal, but im not sure this is a good idea for me.

Lunch yesterday was Burgen bread with small amount of cheese and bloods were 7.7, so for dinner i made shepherds pie with swede and carrot mash with veg and bloods 6.5.

Fed up as this morning was my highest reading yet :-(

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

sandyxrssy

Hi, welcome to the Forum,
Do you add Sugar or Fruitrose to Your Museli?
Also do you have Sugar in your Morning coffee?
How many Meals a day?
How long after Your Breakfast did you test your Blood sugar?
Do you have some Nuts or any Fruit before Bed?
What meds are you on?
Sorry to ask so many Questions. But it may help give a clearer idea to other's
I know some Museli's contain alot of Sugar depending on what Is in them. I am type 2. I can wake up with Blood sugar's of 9.9 and 10 as well. If I have not had something as a snack before Bed.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You lunch sounds ok, and your dinner quite good, I think the problem with your breakfast is the muesli, 100g of muesli is a very large portion although it doesn't look it I know, :( my carbs and cals app says that 90g of muesli is 65g of carbs! - if you have to have it try a smaller portion and test again - a normal portion is about 30g with about 22g of carb - or try scrambled egg or an omelette or berries and Greek yoghurt. I sometimes have this and a small handful of lizzies granola which is low GI - it's not cheap but lasts a long time