FED UP

jackie21123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Just cant seem to get my daughter bg below 15, so far today she has had 44u novorapid all food carb counted and correction doses, clinic yesterday her hba1c went up to 10 highest its been in 5 years. She is 10 years old.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Patch13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Is she ill or coming down with something? This raises my blood glucose levels a lot.

If her levels are always high then perhaps you could ask the doctor / DSN for advise on how to lower them.

Goodluck!

sagarg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello,
Well that's a very hard thing to her. I jut keep wish that she has good health...

Shell1

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Check the cartridge and pen .my daughters cartridge had a crack in it once and wasnt giving out enough insulin give it a few test shots or try changing the batch of cartridges

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you inject with a novopen? I second the above I've had a crack in my cartridge before that hasn't actually leaked out of the pen for quite a while.
Also crack for ketones you may need to give even more insulin to get rid of the ketones too which means levels can stay high without giving an extra amount of insulin

JustDomUK

Is she eating things you are unaware of? I did that a lot as a kid. It was the only way I could eat sweets.