1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Feedback on Diabetes App + fitness band

Discussion in 'Diabetes Research' started by SeniorDesignUCI, Feb 26, 2016.

?

Would you use a fitness bracelet to help your emotional well-being?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SeniorDesignUCI

SeniorDesignUCI · Newbie

Hello!
    I would love your feedback on..
    How helpful would a bracelet (example: FitBit) be to your life style and emotional well-being.
    The bracelet would monitor your steps, distances traveled, calories burned, and the time (like a watch).
    In addition to the bracelet, it would be connected with a phone application that transfers the data of your bracelet you can take a look at. There are also forums to talk to other users and food logs to keep track of your meals.
    Would this app/bracelet that connects you to the diabetic world help for emotional support?

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. urbanracer

urbanracer Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

I thought there are phone apps (eg:- runtastic) that already do this kinda stuff? What makes yours different?

3. Fayefaye1429

Fayefaye1429 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Is this not what is on the market already? So my question is how does it make it diabetic?

4. britishpub

britishpub Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I need any help with my "Emotional well being" but an app connecting to a FitBit type band could hep monitor my progress I would think.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. TorqPenderloin

TorqPenderloin Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Sounds awesome! The only thing that would make it better is if it also showed you your blood sugar too. Oh wait...

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1456502367.907757.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  6. KevinPotts

KevinPotts Type 2 · Well-Known Member

What brand is your wrist monitor and how does it monitor your BG? Thanks. Kevin

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook