Feel better at what level

Lilliepop

What level of bloody sugar do you feel better at? I feel well at about 6-7 below that I feel tired. That is high for some people but not everyone is the same surly. It's like most people say that eating coconut sugar is just as bad as white sugar, if I have a cup of tea with white sugar in about half an hour I just get so tired and can drop off to sleep, but if I have coconut sugar it doesent affect me at all. What's that all about? Does anyone else have coconut sugar? Have you ever used it in baking? A few questions there.

Reactions: 2 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
I wouldn't use coconut sugar, I'd use an artificial sweetener. But if you find you do ok on coconut sugar that's fine.

I feel best above 5.0.

Lancelot J

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower, Broccoli. And loud, ignorant opinionated people.
Hi Lillirpop.
I also feel better around the mid-6 range. Below that my legs get really heavy
I use coconut sugar (Gula Melaka) in cooking and found I can get away with it. That said, I don't have a sweet-tooth so I don't use it as a 'sweetener' as such, more to moderate sour or bitter tastes in the concoctions I make. By the same token, I don't eat that much of them either - just a snack so it may be a combination of a little Gula Melaka and a small portion.

Lilliepop

I can't tolerate sweetners they give me diarrhoea and a headache. I suppose im lucky coconut sugar doesent affect me. Its about 35 on GI scale lot less than sugar. I would like to know from anyone else that has tried it.

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Hi @Lilliepop. I function better when my blood glucose is between 5 & 6. I start getting very painful headaches below 4.5 and above 6.4. The headaches are really debilitating & I usually have to lie down. If I'm at work, I obviously have to tough it out or take a break if possible. When my meter reads a 4.5 or below BG level, I treat it as a hypo & take action. Though it's not a "true" hypo number....it's MY hypo number. I believe we all have our optimum BG range that allows us to function well & feel ok.

This Diabetes business doesn't half suck at times, huh?! :meh: Best wishes & good health everyone.

image.jpg

fred1234

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm better at 6.s 7s..below that iI feel shaky and unwell almost. Like a hypo. I think your right everybody to their own so to speak......it's the hyperglysnd can't function, hyperglcemia too I have to watch for...they make me feel as bad!!! No winning lol

Reactions: 3 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm T2 and the lowest I have been is 4.4. I felt great, so anything up to about 5.9 and I feel good.

elaineste

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
I'm really weird I feel cap above 7 or 8 and cap sometimes if in 4s but other day if had a 3.5 and felt fine

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I feel best in the 5's. I feel really terrible if I get above 7 now. I've never tried coconut sugar as I can't stand the coconut smell or taste. Does either the smell or taste come through at all, does anyone know.

Lilliepop

Well not in cooking or in tea or coffee but as you don't like it you may notice it slightly. i love coconut I use coconut oil for roasting frying everything.