1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Feel like I need to celebrate ...

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by callieuk, Apr 21, 2018.

1. callieuk

callieuk Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I know, I knew it's premature yet - but I sat earlier on and put 3 months of bg readings on my sugar. Disheartened me massively, only a small handful of results are in "single" figures and none were below 8.9

I am counting carbs etc now and just did a pre-meal test and it was 6.6 #happydance. I am expecting a spike after dinner as we have new potatoes, but I am still learning how much and when this happens - will still keep me in the 30g carb count thankfully.

I'm all for small wins ;) 6.6 is something I never expected this quickly :)

• Like x 4
    • Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. Freema

Freema Type 2 · Expert

congratulations you´ll get there I am sure... it takes some month to get HbA1c down .. 3-6 month... because that is an avarage over the last 3-4 months

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sam50

Sam50 Don't have diabetes · Well-Known Member

congratulations- small successes are what keep everyone going- you will get there xx

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. archersuz

archersuz Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Well done! Keep using your meter and recording what you have eaten and you will soon learn what you can tolerate and at what time of day. eg I can eat an apple with my lunch or during the afternoon with little effect on BG, but if I eat an apple after my dinner it spikes me! So don't forget to try different foods at different times of the day.

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook