Feeling down...

Megziee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
When I feel down about something it is always my diabetes that suffers as I binge eat and don't do the appropriate insulin if any at all. Diabetes is so hard sometimes, got to get rid of diabetes...It's very hard to deal with sometimes, anyone else know what I am going through?

Reactions: 2 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
When I feel down about something it is always my diabetes that suffers as I binge eat and don't do the appropriate insulin if any at all. Diabetes is so hard sometimes, got to get rid of diabetes...It's very hard to deal with sometimes, anyone else know what I am going through?
I think we all get down now and then.
There are people who are happy none stop but there's medication and special places for them.
I'm rather unwell at the moment and mostly in and out of bed.
I'm a very positive kind of person 99% of the time but this is 1% time.
I have a little saying which helps get me through .... this too shall pass.

Reactions: 11 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's easy sliding down.... But if you have ever climbed a mountain, the exercise & thin air can make you feel quite euphoric....

I sound like a Facebook "life lesson" post... I hate those things...

Yep, kind of been there once upon a time....

Reactions: 7 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Megziee, we are all here for you and it will pass. Everyone feels down now and again. Hope you feel better soon:)

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Yes know exactly how you feel..

It is temporary just remember you are not alone ;)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Talking about it with others helps, or doing something to take your mind off. I once threw my old glucometer against a wall, that was quite liberating (don't do it if you don't have spares though). But I think we all know the feeling of fighting an uphill battle :( lots of love.

Reactions: 3 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Not easy to do but going out of your way to help others ... face to face ... in practical ways can be the very best anti depressant going.

Reactions: 2 people

Alice233

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
god. I'm sorry. that sounds awful. just try to think this: you are yourself, it's not your diabetes that defines you. Try to enjoy all the things in life that you can. Don't let it ruin your life. Good luck :)

Reactions: 4 people

calamitygayn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks guys....things are coming to a head but instead of putting myself and diabetes last, its time I thought about my health first. without a healthy me, all those who are relying on me will suffer anyway, so I don't think im being selfish..Thanks for all your kind words xx

Reactions: 3 people