feeling fed up

kezz01489

Dislikes
Judgemental people, everyone is entitled to their opinion but when people don't listen they will never learn. I know that cause that's how I used to be.
hi everyone i ve been type1 for 24 years im32 now. i would like to hear what otherrs think about feeling sorry for yourself. im at a point of im really trying and its getti.g me no where. i know i have to get on with life n do my best but i feel selfish for having a bit of a low. any thoughts wd be great.

Sent from my GT-S5670 using DCUK Forum mobile app

misslotty1

Re: feeling fed up

If anyone has the right to feel sorry for themselves its you!. I have only been diagnosed diabetic for just over a year and I have good weeks and very low weeks. Sending you huge ))))hug (((( I dont have any clever cheery advise , good luck hunx

Sent from my GT-P3110 using DCUK Forum mobile app

Switch2501

Don't feel bad about it, be selfish if you want too! It's your life, live it how you want too!

Find something that you like doing to cheer yourself up (of you want too). You know, those little rituals during the week. For example every Thursday before work, I go get a KFC. I'll make a point of having a long bath rather than a shower once a week. I'll go to the chippy with a friend on a Wednesday night and put the world to rights.

Don't know if that helps...

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

kezz01489

Dislikes
Judgemental people, everyone is entitled to their opinion but when people don't listen they will never learn. I know that cause that's how I used to be.

thankyou so much its a relief to know that its not just me. thankyou xx

kezz01489

Dislikes

thakyou hun that hug means more than anything. if you fancy a natter my emails [email address removed] it d be nice to chat with someone who understands.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.

Yep, know how you feel.

At moment I am just fed up with 'fighting' with professionals... I know my cgm registers low levels when my blood days so different.. So my HCP's go by cgm readings..without looking at the details.... So this has made me fed up.

I get fed up having to be 'different' ... I would love just one day without pump, bloodtests, records etc

I at moment having my house done up...
New roof in rain over xmas
New windows/doors in snow
New bathroom going in
New kitchen being planned

Etc, etc....

But I get fed up tbh checking up on men... Yes, all men (who are nice, good guys).. And always finding faults with their work...

I am told I am a perfectionist... So that .. And diabetes makes me .. I think a difficult patient.. And a difficult person to deal with.. We pay good money for a job to be done.. I expect it to be right 1st time.... And unfortunately get fed up when other people don't come up 100% to my perfection levels

I think time out and giving yourself 'me' time is important. My 'me' time is my upholstery lessons each week. I really love going. I also used to have my dogs, who I miss enormously and have to look to the future when I will be able to have one or two again (my girlies were lost to old age).
Also very important to have somebody to talk to when fed up. I have a lovely friend from this forum who has helped me enormously through **** times).

You are not alone.. Life can be difficult without D.. We just have another thing to add to our coping.. But I look at some people and think I am very lucky..

kezz01489

Dislikes

thankyou donnellysdogs i think i need to start realising im not that bad off n i should look at others n realise this. me time sounds like a good idea too. sometimes i feel more like im answering to everyonne else rather than doing it for myself. gotta start some where. thankyou for chatting. i hope your house referb goes well. xxxxxx

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes

Ooh, we can all moan.. And does us good when fed up.. And I think we D's do have a lot to put up with, esp when dxd young.

You will have something that has contributed to feelinf fed up.. Maybe a few things..mine refurb and mens bad work.. But tomorrow I'll go for my upholstery lesson and catch up with others and will feel regenerated again.
I know even faults with mens work isnt all their fault.. Only we could have new roof in rain and new doors n windows in snow n minus temps...!!
Think it important to have an outlet for enjoyment..can be just like Kezzo and KFC!!!! Anything, but having some time to find some enjoyment is important....

Refurb almost done-just having bathroom this week.. And kitchen 3 weeks time... So my time out will be time in luxuriating in a new bath with a favourite bit of carrot cake cooked in my new oven by spring!!! Something to look forward to..

Best wishes that you will be on the up n up too!!

kezz01489

Dislikes

make sure you enjoy that new bathroom when its all finished. a good old chat has done wonders. thankyou. im on here all time usually. nice to chat soon xxxxx

foreverdelayed

I kinda know how you feel. I've been a t1 for 18 years and I'm 29. For the first 15 years I kinda took it all in my stride and never let it get me down but that's all changed now. Got dxd' with depression and anxiety a year ago and I was feeling very sorry for myself. The meds have helped massively and just admitting to myself that I'm sad has helped me try not to be sad if that makes sense. I was in denial that my depression was affecting my diabetes and that created a viscous circle. A few tweeks and extra testing has helped me feel better. We have to accept that D can make you a bit fruity and that help is required from time to time. There is a total lack of psychological help for us though and its something which has to be addressed. As has been mentioned, its when you have to worry about lifes other aspects like houses, jobs and kids that worrying about yourself becomes an issue. I also think that cannabis should be available for diabetics, its the only thing I find stops the rot when you feel awful. Just putting that one out there! All the best.

Sent from my Nexus S using DCUK Forum mobile app

Just Laura

Here's what I think:
I wish diabetes would [********] and leave my 5 year old alone!!
Keep fighting the good fight all of you out there.
:)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes

I know but find something positive to look at... She at least got it when technology is improving our orospects so much and our treatments. She actually has a bright future ahead... She has great mom looking after her and also she will and you will be so aware of eating the right things and managing that she less likely to be an obese or overweight child or adult in the future.

Know you must be still reeling with anger and emotions that your daughter has it.. And if you are anything like my mum you will be feeling guilty that part of hour genes or partners have given it to her.....But the future is not 'black' it has good colurs of the rainbow with it too!

Just Laura

It's just so hard I think when she seems so little.
But although I will never be pleased about it, I'm actually okay with it all. It's the shock and the change that's probably worse.
It has most definitely made me realise even more so what's important in life and what's not. And also just how amazing my girl is. I even think that, because of this, she will grow to be an even better, more determined, patient, understanding and compassionate person. And that's no bad thing whatsoever.
Plus, it's also helped Mummy be A LOT more organised (I'm sooo scatty!) and got Daddy I'm-not-scared-of-anything-but-injections over his crippling fear of needles!
Thanks for your lovely comments; you're an amazing bunch. :)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes

You sounded so fed up and angry on prev post Laura.. I was worried about you..
Mums in particular take a huge 'knock' with 'd' being diagnosed. I think it is the maternal instinct on a par with men being from mars and wonen from venus. I believe ( will prob get shot down in flames from fathers!!) that mum's are a lot more open about anger, worry, coping than dads, but that I think about women in general!!

There's great people here... And good to ket off steam and to see you have still got a sense of humour... Ref hubby.. Loved that!!!

Have a relaxing, good weekend...
Sx

yingal2010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spicey food, taxi drivers, hypos & hypers, pigeons, hospitals, dentists, my GP, my ****** immune system.
I get fed up most of the time! Diabetes just has this knack of kicking you in the backside just as you think you're getting a handle on it!

And don't get me started on inappropriate hypos and hypers that make you feel hungover without the enjoyment of getting drunk first!

Sometimes diving into a bag of Haribo is my way of saying "up yours, diabetes". Probably a good thing i don't do that too often but sometimes the greed wins and I've devoured an entire Dominos stuffed crust before you can say carb overload! (Also works well with my wheat intolerance lol).

To be honest i would find it more worrying if diabetics didn't get fed up!

Youre not alone hun.

Ying xxx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App