searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
feeling really ill today and i know its my fault but wonder why exactly i feel this way..

i think i have let things get a little on top of me recently stuff happening at work, and a death in the family, so yesterday i had a major binge eat session (comfort eating) al stuff i shouldnt have.. afterward i was having trouble keeping blood glucose down as expected, it only reach about 22mmol but no amount of insulin was bringing it lower than that

after going to bed i woke up at about 3am, i could barely move my arms leg and hips were in a lot of pain as was right down the center of my back, i could not move my legs or arms, i had to sort of slide my way off the bed to goto the bathroom, could not feel my feet. (bg16.9)

once i got back to the bedroom tried to open a bottle of drink but didnt have the strenght... 7:30am (bg 10.9) feeling the same can barley move, difficult to get dressed stairs were really hard to get up/down and now at 9am ive started to vomit

as i say i know this is self inflicted and i wont make this mistake again, but whats causing me to feel like this??

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Self inflicted or not you need medical care. Can you see a doctor or go to nearest A&E. I do not know why you feel so ill but you need to be checked by a doctor.

Bouncer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi i too am having real trouble with muscle pain to the point that i can hardly move. Everyone on this forum talks about taking plenty of exercise, if only that was possible. Sometimes it's real agony just to get to the loo.
The pain keeps me awake at night so I dead when nighttime comes.
I'm type 2 with no meds and my GR has given me Naprozen and I also take Devil's Claw, a herbal remedy for muscle and joint relief. I also have stopped taking statins as I am aware that they can cause muscle pain.
My BSs is constantly in the 6s and I now have a controlled diet with frequent testing.
I'm at a loss as to what to do next!
Brilliant foram from which I have learnt so much and I'm sure that some of you have been in the same situation as me.
Any advise would be appreciated.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello @searley have you contacted a Doctor yet? Or did you go to A&E? I hope you are starting to feel better.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Bouncer have they tested you for gout? After years of suffering joint pain my new GP tested me for gout and yes this was the cause. It might be just worth asking. I found the naproxen useless against the pain.

Bouncer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Bouncer have they tested you for gout? After years of suffering joint pain my new GP tested me for gout and yes this was the cause. It might be just worth asking. I found the naproxen useless against the pain.
Interesting point. The answer is no. I always thought gout tending to affect the toes or am I wrong. Mine are fine.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
No I'm starting to feel better

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Bouncer gout is associated with big toes in particular but it can attack any joint in the body. When I was diagnosed my. Hand was swollen and hot and incredibly painful but I have had it in my knees, elbows, feet.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
@searley im so glad you are starting to feel better. Please take care :)
Hi yes it was silly and unlike me

Sill not walking quite right, and the feeling has not returned to one of my thumbs yet

Still like to know why high bg causes these particular symptoms