Feeling light headed and weak...

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
You quite often get carb withdrawal symptoms when you reduce the amount of carbs you are eating.Don't go low all at once ,reduce gradually ,the feeling will pass.
If at all worried about it check with your doctor in case there is another ,underlying reason for you feeling like this.

Doczoc

sugarless sue said:
You quite often get carb withdrawal symptoms when you reduce the amount of carbs you are eating.Don't go low all at once ,reduce gradually ,the feeling will pass.
If at all worried about it check with your doctor in case there is another ,underlying reason for you feeling like this.

Excellent advice Sue, but I'm 'all or nothing' at the moment. Just had a great low carb tea of ham, holloumi, tomato, spinach and anchovies, eclectic o what?

LOL feeling much better.

jacquirs

Dislikes
being ill/not being in control
doc that sounds lovely when can i come for tea?

nothing eclectic in that i would suggest

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
If you are all or nothing then the rapid drop in carbs is making you have withdrawal big time.The body craves sugar,now it's not getting any then it has to find other ways of producing glucose for energy.This will pass and energy will return.Do you do any exercise? This helps build up muscle which in turn uses more energy and helps weight lose if you need to lose weight that is.

Doczoc

I need to lose weight big time, I'm curently 21st 10lbs, was 22st 4lb a week ago! That's 8lb in one week just from low carbing, I have been eating constantly! I know that's mostly water but it's a good psychological boost.

With regard to exercise, I don't feel I've had the energy to execise this week but I'm starting a rowing programme on Monday. Each day is getting better and getting to feel more 'normal' as the days pass.

BS was 6.1 this morning (15.9 at diagnosis a week ago), so things are ticking along.

Thanks

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Just build up the exercise very gradually.If it gets sore...stop!!There's no hurry,the important thing is regular exercise,every day if you can do it.I bought wrist weights to start with and just sat and used them,it's amazing how effective they were.I then used hand weights and also devised various exercises I could do ,in the house,so it did not cost a lot of money to do.Try standing about 18inches away from a work top,then do vertical press ups against the work top.Tightens up the stomach muscles and gives the bisceps a shock as well!

Doczoc

Well I'm an ex rugby player so I'm accustomed to exercise, well a good few years ago I was. I can't believe that 10 years ago I used to run 5 miles a day, plus weights etc! I can't even run to the end of the road now. ~Anyway no point dwelling on the past, I'm lucky that I've got some equipment, just need to dig it all out.

Thanks again for your help Sue

Bubsy Malone

Dislikes
Patronising people, fish and cold callers
Sue has the best idea, especially in this weather I use whatever I have in the house. Because I use the bike for about 20 minutes a day and walk for around an hour, that's helped me lose weight faster than if I was just low carbing on its own. Now i've lost 1st 3lbs and counting!

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
I also had one of those step machines which I picked up in a charity shop,unfortunately my dodgy knee did not like it very much so it went back to the charity shop!!

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Doczoc
Chair based or water based exercise might be the best for you, because you are very heavy and your joints would take a terrible pounding if you start running. Walking is fine( in the right footwear!)
Brilliant weight loss thoughCongratulations!!
Hana

Doczoc

I've got a rowing machine which I used to love, low impact. hopefully will get back to the running in 7 stones time LOL