Feeling low late evening.

Mal1978

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Does anyone else have a problem with feeling really low later in the evening when first diagnosed? I'm ok during the day but on a night it really gets to me, I know not being able to get my bloods as low as I need to is dragging me down so could be that.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
After eating ?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone else have a problem with feeling really low later in the evening when first diagnosed? I'm ok during the day but on a night it really gets to me, I know not being able to get my bloods as low as I need to is dragging me down so could be that.

Define "low" did you mean down or depressed..??

Edited as Moderator did leave an alert to explain why thread was moved.

Mal1978

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yeah depressed, I mean I know it is early days for me (2 weeks diagnosed) but I've started to notice I feel a lot worse on a night and it's really dragging me down

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Low in diabetic world has more than one meaning :)
How are your levels when you feel like this? Have you checked? Sugar levels can affect your mood but maybe you need some more time to get used to to new reality. It gets easier with time

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance

I was getting pretty low late evenings (often after testing post din-dins) until I started onto a very low carb diet and started to see results. I don't know if I'd call it depression as such...I mean I think it was totally understandable to be negative when you are not in control (not to say that depression can't be a totally understandable reaction). I don't want to be patronising...so excuse me f it sounds that way....but it does make such a difference being in any sort of control, and the more you can see progress due to that control the easier it gets. I still get a bit hacked off when the reading's a wee bit higher than I wanted but I then think about how high it used to be. And, I still get a bit hacked off now and then at having to be so focused on what not to eat, but mostly it's almost second nature now. What I am saying is...why wouldn't you be down about it at first? Totally natural for most people, I'm sure. So..don't make it into more in your mind...there's a wee demon inside all of us wants us to be depressed, and I'm sure the best thing to do is recognise that and starve the wee scumbag till he crinkles up from getting no attention. Don't overthink, but do inform yourself and test (expecting negative results at first) and record what you eat and take action to get in control...the more you get in control, the less down...I actually felt pretty high a few days into the diet as my readings improved pretty quickly. Don't focus on the low feelings...focus on what to do...and get to the nice feelings. And remember..you're only human. Good luck. Paul