Feeling proud

princesskyra

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I got wrongly diagnosed as a type 2 was put on tablets but they didn't work then they decided that I'm type 1 (I new myself I was type 1 but they didn't believe me at first) so I've now been taking the correct insulin etc, four months ago my hba1c was 150 and now it's down to 86 my consultant said that's really good I just have to get it down a little bit more to around 50! I thought I'd not been doing very well at all this but looks like I've proved to myself I've not been doing too bad after all :) still a long way to go but I'm going in the right direction... Been referred to a dietitian to help with my food and doses of insulin and they wana send me on a carb counting course as at the min I just guess at what insulin I need to take

Onwards and upwards for me

:)

Reactions: 11 people

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your improved results. Love your positive attitude.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
That is a fantastic reduction in Hba1c :)

Have a look at the following, it's an on-line carb counting course similar to what is taught on the DAFNE course, you do have to register for the course but by all accounts it's worth it:

http://www.bdec-e-learning.com/

Good luck and hope your good progress continue.

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
good going and welcome