feeling shaky but not a hypo

mchphoto

Hi

It was getting near to lunch and I felt a but shaky So I thought my blood sugars were getting low I was thinking less than 5 but when I tested it was 7.1 !

So I am now confused, when I felt shaky is it because my levels have drop a significant amount e.g 11 to say 7 or is something else going on (that I need to see my Doc or DN?). By the way I am guessing at the 11 level, as I am trying to make sense of it all. I had my lunch around 15 mins earlier and all is fine, and today I had a good breakfast and being at the computer most of the morning.

I can understand when I am doing physical work and I feel shaky and odd, but sitting at a computer?

Any ideas to what is causing this to happen, as it seems most lunch times whether I do physical activity or not. I vary my breakfasts most days to see what food suits me better to get me to lunch time, the afternoon in contrast are fine e.g. 1pm to 6pm, just mornings, I feel shaky.

Thanks

Michael

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As a type 1 I know I feel shakey due to a rapid drop in BG, not always to a particularly low level. So that may or may not be the culprit in this case.

What I DO know is that I work at a computer and if I'm fully engaged in something I can have a very rapid drop in BG. I think it's the effort involved in solving an issue/contributing to a meeting that does it. It's a bit like exercise, but it's for your brain!

jojogirl

Hi Michael,

Have you been running high? Just if your body gets used to running high, then you have a normal BG level, you can have hypo symptons.

Also, its true what hale710 says. If you suddenly go down from a higher BG level, you can get very shaky and have hypo symptons too.