Feeling slow and lost

Ausra

Does anyone else feel like living in slow motion sometimes?
Body weights 1000 kilos and your legs don't want to listen..
You keep forgetting things..like you go to take something and then you forget where you were going to ? And it happens 5 times..
Like you climbing up the stairs and you feel someone else is going behind you faster, but you can't go faster even if you try..
You are washing your cup and it takes soo long..you lose yourself in thoughts..
You can't keep yourself doing one thing because after 5 mins it does not make any sense anymore and you go for something else..
You come to work and suddenly you can't understand what other people are talking about or why they talk like that or why they behave the way they do.
You go to sleep but before you fall asleep you need to think about all the rest of the world including neighbours cat and that spot on cashier's nose the other day..
When you get up your first steps on the floor are far far away from normal human steps.
When you look in the mirror you can tell how your sugars behaved during the night..
You feel so tired you can not realise how actually tired you are.
The clock has no use anymore..it's only numbers that has lost its meaning.

I have a slow motion epizode every day..sometimes few times a day..can't take it anymore.
Anyone experiencing the same? Any ideas why is it happening? Is it Lantus? Is it depression? Is it laziness? It can't be normal..can it? Today when I had this 'epizode' my BS was 4.6 ..too low?
Any ideas welcome :)

Morgaine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
bad manners house/rap
Hello Ausra,

you seem to have a lot of worries there. Is this a new thing? I doubt it's laziness though. When did you last have a review with your health team? I am recently diagnosed T2 and when I first started taking Metformin I had some wiered stuff like feeling as if there was a glass wall between me and the outside world. I also felt slowed down, but these soon went. I'm on Metformin SR now and that seems to suit me better.
Anyway, I do hope you manage to find out what's going on for you. I'm sure others here will be able to give you some advice and support. Take care :)

Fallenstar

Hi Ausra
That's some walking through treacle :mrgreen: I used to feel like that on Lantus...not saying it's the same as you , but I never felt "good " on it...it sounds like you are certainly not on top form if you spend some of your day,or most feeling like this...don't let it drag on like I did ,go and find out. I hope you feel better soon sweet's.

FS xx

WhitbyJet

Ausra - I am type 2, hope its ok to post. I was suffering from depression for several years dueing my time of poorly controlled diabetes.

Yours is obviously due to a different cause, dont suffer in silence seek help if you continue to feel like this.
Or is it just a day off for you? I sometimes would have off days where I go intoi deep thinking mode and carry the worlds weight on my shoulders, wondering what it is all about, and yes, just like you say you notice the spot on the end of the cashiers nose, I found I couldnt get this persons buck teeth out of my head, I felt spaced out, heightened awareness, quite scary actually.

I found that talking with someone about it helped me a great deal, basically it was due to my fear of diabetes, feelings and thoughts that I had swept under the carpet instead of dealing with them there and then.

I hope you feel better very soon x

Esther1411

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This definately doesn't sound good enough. I am absolutely not an expert on diabetes having only recently been diagnosed (levemir + novorapid) so have no idea if this is related although having read through a few posts on this fab website it seems other people have suffered similar gloomy symtoms and only recognised them after swapping the lantus. So that seems like a good place to start.
I also think when your feeling this rubbish it sometimes helps to take small steps rather than try to sort it out all in one go - posting on here is a great start. Walking, smiling and talking all recommended too!!
You don't need to feel like this, you can feel better, give yourself a break and accept help if offered. I really hope you feel better really soon. x