Fenugreek 610mg Capsules to lower sugar levels

dwelldon

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been told by a few people that fenugreek capsules or seeds can help lower blood sugar.

Has anyone got any experience of taking these?

Is there any other supplements that may also be of benefit?

dwelldon

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the advice, I will have a look at the sites

mr_cat

I don't know about the effects of fenugreek seeds but the leaves [sold as methi ] are delicious in sweet and savoury [not that sweet is my thing these days] they add a lovely caramel flavour which is distinctly unique to the leaf, great with lamb curries etc. :)

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@DCUKMod I think I tried the promilin for a brief period a long time ago. (Promilin is expensive) I think it was at the time when nothing was working, but it turned out I needed insulin as I was misdiagnosed as a type 2 for years. But it was when I was trying all sorts of things, I know I used to take fenugreek to help with my allergies, it worked great so did mullein. The things I do remember that helped me significantly at the beginning were a product called Dr Christophers Pancreas herbal formula and KAL's Blood Sugar Defense, in both cases I took four at a time 2 times a day. But they stopped working and I started trying all sorts of things. Medications made me sick so they ended up putting me on insulin luckily as it turned out I was a type 1.

Which is why I constantly warn people they could be a type 1 when things don't completely make sense. It was a very frustrating time and I'm lucky I never had side effects or DKA (or even knew what that was) before I was properly diagnosed..

Glucobabu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't know about the effects of fenugreek seeds but the leaves [sold as methi ] are delicious in sweet and savoury [not that sweet is my thing these days] they add a lovely caramel flavour which is distinctly unique to the leaf, great with lamb curries etc. :)
Fenugreek seeds and leaves (methi) are widely used in south Asian cooking mainly for savoury dishes. The dried leaves, known as ’Kasuri methi’ are also widely available from Asian shops. If you are into Indian cooking try adding this to pakoras or onion bhajis or any curry - you will be amazed! Methi has been used for medicinal purposes for centuries. It is thought to be beneficial for general well-being of Type 2 diabetics and slow down glucose absorption in the body. Do not waste money on expensive preparations from health food outlets. It’s very cheap and plentiful in Asian greengrocers and supermarkets.

dwelldon

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great posts, I have bought some capsules and ordered some Methi Leaves from my mates asian food shop :)

See how they go :)

mr_cat

Fenugreek seeds and leaves (methi) are widely used in south Asian cooking mainly for savoury dishes. The dried leaves, known as ’Kasuri methi’ are also widely available from Asian shops. If you are into Indian cooking try adding this to pakoras or onion bhajis or any curry - you will be amazed! Methi has been used for medicinal purposes for centuries. It is thought to be beneficial for general well-being of Type 2 diabetics and slow down glucose absorption in the body. Do not waste money on expensive preparations from health food outlets. It’s very cheap and plentiful in Asian greengrocers and supermarkets.
Not had methi leaves for a while but i when i could not get fresh i used to get frozen blocks of them.
I used to be a great fan of sourcing all my herbs and spices fresh from 'Asian' supermarkets.
The pastes and sauces created were real taste extravaganzas.
I loved all the tubas with a real fondness for fresh turmeric just sliced like carrots into a dish yum.
Anyone who has not tried fresh turmeric will find it a revelation, powder is just meh.
I must get back into all this as since going low carb mostly animal based I have tended toward simple cooking to fuel myself.

Guna108

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been told by a few people that fenugreek capsules or seeds can help lower blood sugar.

Has anyone got any experience of taking these?

Is there any other supplements that may also be of benefit?
Karela (bitter melon) is considered to be good. I am taking karela, but will try adding more fenugreek to my cooking now as I use kasuri methi.

Reactions: LindiePops