Fiasp Insulin is somewhat incredible honest don't need to low carb.

Serial45

So I'd been low carving for about 18 months and taking moderate protein. My aim was to keep blood sugars between 4 and 7.8, it worked but at times would spike higher due to the protein intake.

I've been introducing carbs back into my diet with fiasp insulin.
I've been testing it extensively.

I can comfortably eat a breakfast with 40g of carbs and keep my blood sugars between 4 and 7. It's honestly quite miraculous.

I use a miao miao with my libre and its estimating my next hba1c will be 32! Even better than the 36 I had last time!!

Reactions: ert and JPW1

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Where you having issues with larger spikes before the fiasp then, despite pre bolus timing tweaks?

Hertfordshiremum

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
So I'd been low carving for about 18 months and taking moderate protein. My aim was to keep blood sugars between 4 and 7.8, it worked but at times would spike higher due to the protein intake.

I've been introducing carbs back into my diet with fiasp insulin.
I've been testing it extensively.

I can comfortably eat a breakfast with 40g of carbs and keep my blood sugars between 4 and 7. It's honestly quite miraculous.

I use a miao miao with my libre and its estimating my next hba1c will be 32! Even better than the 36 I had last time!!
Hi I started Fiasp a few weeks ago with breakfast, I would be interested to know how many units do you take per 10g carbs? I have also found I still have to wait 15mins before eating, otherwise I still spike up to around 15. How long do you wait? Thanks

deborabaratto

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos and hypers
I've been enjoying Fiasp a lot also! But I need to take another bolus 1:30h later when I eat usually > 50f carbs otherwise I go higher afterwards- I'm still not sure how much though, I need to test more. Does anyone has a similar experience?

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi I started Fiasp a few weeks ago with breakfast, I would be interested to know how many units do you take per 10g carbs? I have also found I still have to wait 15mins before eating, otherwise I still spike up to around 15. How long do you wait? Thanks
Remember that everyone is different so may have different carb ratios or required pre-bolus times, also it may depend what time it is as to whether you have to pre-bolus or not, for instance even with Fiasp I have to pre-bolus for breakfast by 15-20 mins, but at lunch or dinner, just before is perfectly fine.

Reactions: Hertfordshiremum

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I'm on Fiasp. It's supposed to be the most similar to one's own insulin currently on the market. In its four hour window, the curve is high over the first two hours and trails off over the next two. I don't have any experience of other fast acting insulins.

mandedog

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was switched from Fiasp to Novorapid because with Fiasp I could not get 0.5 units and sometimes I need to add or reduce by 0.5 rather than a whole unit. Other than having to take Novorapid earlier (although I did not find that Fiasp acted that fast) , I have not noticed any difference . Has anyone else noticed differences other than timing betweeen them both?

Hertfordshiremum

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all Thanks for your comments and sorry for my delay in reply I have been ill this last week. I am trying Fiasp as for breakfast I am trying to keep some grains in my diet, porridge every other day. I just can't eat this anymore with Novorapid. For lunch and dinner I eat grain free and low carb. I have taken Fiasp whilst ill as my blood sugars going high without eating and found I drop about 4-6 mmol in an hour with no food and 1 unit of Fiasp. Although this may be different when I am better.
My nurse has told me Novorapid should give you a small drop after 15mins then kick in fully after 90mins, Fiasp should start working straight away although I wear the Libre and nothing happens for me for about 15-20 mins, I am not insulin resistant but obvious need time for things to work at least before breakfast. I will see what happens when I am fully better with before dinner although I am a bit cautious as I eat a low carb dinner so maybe 90 min wait fits in better with the food kicking in. At the moment I take Novorapid and most of the time I am not too bad after dinner.
Mandedog, I have 3 of the Novopen Echo's, for Fiasp, Levemir and Novorapid, all cartridges the same size, I can take half units with all.
Thanks for all your comments, useful to read others experiences.