Finally plucked up the courage to join in.

Yaz2009

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

I have read this forum for the past year after my 18month old son was diagnosed in hospital feb 2013. He had diabetic ketoacidosis and we nearly lost him. Thank god he is with us to day and being his cheeky self. I found so much help and comfort in knowing people were going through what I was. I would just like to say thank you. I was wondering if anyone had any advice they could offer me in regards to nursery Childcare for my 2 1/2 yr old.?

Thanx yaz

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
welcome, that's a hard way to find out your son is diabetic, I'm glad he's ok.

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
Sorry I can't offer advice yaz but it is great you are joining in, everyone is so supportive I am sure someone in here can help advise you. I do hope so. Have you looked for local groups make you feel less alone in all this.

Yaz2009

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry I can't offer advice yaz but it is great you are joining in, everyone is so supportive I am sure someone in here can help advise you. I do hope so. Have you looked for local groups make you feel less alone in all this.

Thank you I will have a look that's great advice :)

eviesmum

Hi I am new to this app. My daughter who is two was diagnosed 5 weeks ago. She goes to a preschool twice a week. Since diagnosis the staff have all received training and been brilliant. She has just done her second full day today. Scary leaving her but she really enjoyed it and said she had a lovely time! Our diabetes team have been really good and went into preschool a couple of days after diagnosis. I am sure there will be lots of good preschools where you live. Your diabetes team might even recommend one.

Reactions: 2 people