Finally

maisiepug

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
idiots who think they know everything but they really know nothing
I have been in a very bad place for the last three months, I have let everything get out of hand, eating absolute rubbish food that deep down I know is bad for me, high carbs etc. My sugar levels have been averaging at 7.3 where as my last 3 monthly check at the Drs was 6.3 and I have put 2kgs back on. I know where this all came from though so at least I can understand it. When I had my 3 monthly check up I was really disappointed as my machine readings were below 5.4 all the time so I think it came as a shock that the Dr said it was 6.3 and I was deflated in one fell swoop, started thinking why do I bother, I had worked really hard, ate properly, upped my walking, and lost 6kg.However yesterday a light seemed to click on in my head, I spoke to my husband (who is very supportive whatever I do) and told him I am going to prove to myself that I can do it and that it is worth it. I am not on any medication and do not want to go on any for as long as I can.
I started to write down some very nice recipes from this site to make my own meals instead of the bland ready meals that I have been eating. I do not like yoghurt or very spicy food, nor do I like avocados some things will have to be changed, I cannot stomach eating first thing in the morning unless cereals, but as they are out now I will have to look into something different, but as I said I am in a very positive mood and I am not going to make any more excuses just do things.
Watch this space everyone and see if I really have turned the dreaded corner, I know you will all support me in my battle.

Reactions: 2 people

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good luck Maisiepug we are all here for you.
If you don't like eating in the morning then don't.. I wish my readings were as good as yours but I still have a way to go so please don't despair.
Have a cyber hug
Mark

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Like the attitude :) Those numbers are not all that bad and if you gained the weight, you can lose it :)

(Some) berries and double cream appeal to many, but gimme bacon and scrambled eggs with mushies (6 minutes tops) and I'm good.

"Get on with it" (I say that to everyone with some spirit) and yep, you have my support. You're married to a good man, so kudos to him as well

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done for wanting to get back in control. Your levels at 6.3 at your last blood test was not bad at all considering you say you have been eating rubbish for the last three months. I think there are many members here who would be happy with that level .It should not take you long to get back to where you want to be again so good luck

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@maisiepug it's good that you are determined to turn things round. I don't eat breakfast usually too. I can't face anything until around midday and just have a mug of coffee when I get up.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Good luck, you have a brilliant attitude which will take you far. Like others have said your numbers are great despite you eating rubbish for months! I was diagnosed Type 2 a couple of months ago and I would love to have numbers like yours :) Keep us posted, I for one would love to hear how you're getting on