First Clinic Visit

mariab

Hi Everyone

Well I had my first clinic visit today :D . What a difference - I may have had an awful GP but the Practice Nurse was BRILLIANT!! Although my GP had refused me a monitor & strips, she gave me a monitor and put the strips on repeat prescription. She was also surprised that I had been given medication straightaway - she said they normally allow 3 months to see if you can change your diet and told me I didn't have to take it yet and advised that I see what the change in diet does first. She seemed quite surprised to see someone pro-active who wanted to manage their own condition.

She even rang me in work this afternoon to see if I was OK and was there anything that I hadn't thought of and said I could ring any time with any questions and also recommended this site for support.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Sounds like a very supportive and helpful Practise Nurse! :D

Nigel

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
WOW! what a difference eh? brilliant support and results for you. Remember to test your BS upon waking up and before a meal then 2-4hrs after eating. Write down the readings, meter gives then you can see where they are hitting and sitting at. Look around on here for diet n food suggestions and tips to help you along your way. Any questions just pop back and ask. We're here to support and help. Anna.x :D

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Wow you have one in a million there, dont move out of the area will you :D

Good luck with your testing
thumbsup.gif

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
I'm glad you've found someone who is willing to help and listen and seems very caring too :)

It's good she's advised you to hold off on your medication for now and see if you can gain good control with diet and exercise! although if you do need to go down the medication route i'm sure she will be as equally supportive.

Good luck with testing and let us know how it goes :)