First complications? Claudication

Sweet enough

I may have my first complications of diabetes - or it may just be a concurrent condition due to my (now past) sedentry lifestyle.

I have terrible fatigue like cramps in my calves, rear thighs and occasionally buttocks after just a short walk of around 100m - I now have to stop and rest. Its come on suddenly over a month or so although I radically changed my eating and exercise habits on diagnosis last October, I thought at first it was side effects of statins, but I now realise how much fat Ive actually been taking in the form of replacement carbs - cheese for instance so Ive now cut as far back as possible on all fats and eat only Chicken Turkey & fish Also max 2 eggs per

Anyway Ive now much to my shock after a visit to Dr do'nowt, Ive been diagnose with Intermittent claudication and have an appointment with a vascular surgeon for assesment.
I have read everything I can about it and now familiar with the caiuses and treatments but Id like it from reality please - people who really know what its about - those who have or have had it.

daft question I suppose but has anyone here suffered from PVD and claudication? Id like some advice from the real world please, have you controlled it? Have you reversed it or did it dissapear, and you can now walk fine?
What should I expect of it?
Thanks for dipping into and sharing your personal knowledge of this condition.