first hba1c results in a few weeks

Miasma

and I am so so so nervous ! I've done pretty well since bein diagnosed in January, though for the past few weeks i've had a bit of a relapse, dunno whats going on!
Do you think they'll be a bit soft if its not that great, seeing as I'm still *kinda* new haha.
xo

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
They are a health Care Team, NOT a primary school head teacher. Your results will be what you have achieved. If you are disappointed, they only have the right to encourage you. Let's hope you are pleased with your hard work. We all slip up occasionally.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hope your results come back ok :D

shedges

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yep - don't beat yourself up if they come back less than perfect. Some of us take years to get control, and even then, it's not always at the level we'd like. You'll find an 'always-learning' attitude very useful!

yipster29

Hi Miasma

I was diagnosed March and have my 1st test next month... like you I feel nervous as it's the 1st real indicator of just HOW well we've done and whether we are doing enough, I feel I've done quite well in such a short time and my results are much better than my Dad's (I nag him to low carb! ;-) ) but when I see the results of some of the 'long-servers' I feel I've a long way to go.

Please post your result as I'd be really interested to hear what a fellow newbie 1st result comes out as! :D

ZACNEMMA

Hi everyone

My son Zac was diagnosed type 1 in january this year. It has been such an emotional journey for us all and Zac is doing admirably. The hospital team have been great and Zac had his first hba1c on monday and it was 9- a little higher than we may have anticipated but according to the team it was expected due to diagnosis. Would be great to chat to other parents of teens who have type 1. Love sent to everyone