First night attached to the pump

JannyC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I picked up my pump today and put in my first set which I had to change as the area kept bleeding and going into the tubing. I'm hoping I don't have many like that. No insulin yet though till Monday.

I'm just heading to bed and hoping it doesn't annoy me through the night or I pull it out.

Im wearing a Lycra type crop top to bed tonight and have the pump tucked in my boobs, will be strange as I normally sleep in next to nothing. Any advice on what others do?

Janny ;)

Reactions: 6 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Good luck Janny .................although I'm sure all will be fine:)

Reactions: 2 people

Vick22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Selfish people, liars, bad time keeping and mushrooms
Hi Janny, I worried about the same thing when I got my pump. But found no problems whatsoever during the night. And I'm a shuffler!

I usually use the clip that came with my pump which i attach to the centre of the waist band of my pj bottoms and I don't feel it if I lay on my tummy. If I'm not wearing those I have a pump body band that I have around my waist which the pump sits in and doesn't move an inch. I usually tuck the tubing loosely into the pump band pocket or just into my pjs with a little slack so it doesn't feel tight and I've never pulled my set out once.

The pump band is by a company called Hid-In, the creator is a fellow T1 who designed the band for our fashion (and practical) needs. I can't recommend it enough!

Hope this helps and good luck!

Reactions: 3 people

lisacp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just let mine float around the bed. I have been wearing mine for two weeks a d I haven't had any problems. When I turn over I might move it but don't really notice it. Good night sleep tight.

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
I just let mine float around the bed. I have been wearing mine for two weeks a d I haven't had any problems. When I turn over I might move it but don't really notice it. Good night sleep tight.
Exactly "freedom of the pump" let it roam that's what I say, only problem is when the wife rolls onto to it , I have hell to pay probably worse for her as she's so slim, never notice if it's me laying on it just the imprint on my bod!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Just wear it on my arm all day every day and just comes off for showers or changeovers.. Never think sbout tsling out of pockets or unclipping etc just jump straight in to bed naked same as I've always done. Never have to faff around at night. Just a minute extra putting on to arm after baths.

Reactions: 6 people

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Just wear it on my arm all day every day and just comes off for showers or changeovers.. Never think sbout tsling out of pockets or unclipping etc just jump straight in to bed naked same as I've always done. Never have to faff around at night. Just a minute extra putting on to arm after baths.
I'm going to give that a try this week as I've some Rapids to try out so I thought I'd try them as well

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I'm going to give that a try this week as I've some Rapids to try out so I thought I'd try them as well

I now got this fluffy, supposed elbow warmer. Its folded over so I clip the pump on the layer not next to my skin.... So pure softness next to skin.. And then put layer of tubigrip over. Sure it takes. Me prob 30 secs to a max of 1 minute to put on but saves any faffing at other times of going to loo, dressing or undressing.

Glas to hear you're going to try the rapid's.

If you wear on your arm you will need long tubes.. Mine are the longest 100cm tubes from arm to bum.

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Yep the long tubes are here I had some short flex and some long Rapids delivered , who knows I might actually be converter from tenders when they come out

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I don't know you body mass masonbason63 but I can only use the 6mm rapids. Can't use the flexi's at all. I know a lady with more body mass than I have who was using 8mm snd she too only uses 6mm rapids now and her hba1c is now half what it was.....

JannyC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks I will try roaming free. Had an ok first night, think I was more aware of it than actually bothered by it.

Reactions: 4 people

carol anne

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Mashed potato
I picked up my pump today and put in my first set which I had to change as the area kept bleeding and going into the tubing. I'm hoping I don't have many like that. No insulin yet though till Monday.

I'm just heading to bed and hoping it doesn't annoy me through the night or I pull it out.

Im wearing a Lycra type crop top to bed tonight and have the pump tucked in my boobs, will be strange as I normally sleep in next to nothing. Any advice on what others do?

Janny ;)
I got a pump belt very discreet from funky pumpers .com it stays in place brill

JannyC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been letting it roam free at night and it seems to work for me and I wear it in my bra through the day

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
On my arm. Always. Never have to take it off for undressing or bed just bath n showers.

victry77

On my arm. Always. Never have to take it off for undressing or bed just bath n showers.

I really want to try mine on my arm but how does this work with your clothing? I just figure it will be this cumbersome bulk. It's too much bulk for me when i have it clipped to trousers that have no pockets. I imagine would be OK with baggy type of clothing or can it work if clothing is more tight fitting?

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just clip mine to my pjs or I've managed to find some pjs with pockets in the trousers also! It's a pain when you want to go the loo in the middle of the night and forget that your pumping (I am a newby!)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I really want to try mine on my arm but how does this work with your clothing? I just figure it will be this cumbersome bulk. It's too much bulk for me when i have it clipped to trousers that have no pockets. I imagine would be OK with baggy type of clothing or can it work if clothing is more tight fitting?

I only ever wear tight clothing and rarely have any pockets. I don't care about my pump showing in a vest tshirt or in a sports bra top .

I have a 100mm tube that feeds to the cannula in my bum. I'll try to get some photos tomorrow evening of how I wear mine. Its just out of the way totally. Never catchtubes or have to remember to take it off. I just whip off clothes and straight to bed, no bed wear at all. No probs. Only time I have to remove it is to do a set change or cartridge etc, but I tend to do them in the morning before getting out of bed! Must use the handset to do everything else though.

misswhiplash

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ha. This is (one of the many reasons) why I love my Omnipod... None of these problems at all - it's just handily stuck to me all the time :)