1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

First pumping steps

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by albannach2, Oct 14, 2008.

1. albannach2

albannach2 · Active Member

Hi
    I'm getting my first pump next week, yippee can't wait to start although rather apprehensive. Will it do what says on the tin?! I know there's going to be a bit of getting used to my new gadget, but roughly how long did it take you guys to get used to it without too many ups and downs? Looking forward to having a new lease of life I have to say .... is this what its like?

2. albannach2

albannach2 · Active Member

Hi Sarah

Thanks for the helpful response. Ah yes good point to keep track of everything that I eat and do etc, of course as I can be inpatient I'll be tempted to change loads of things to get it right, but not the best option from what you say :)

BTW, I bought some of the scales you recommended, what an eye opener ... Ive been miscalculating for a while it seems particularly on fruit. I can't wait to give up injections ...too many years of feeling like a living pin cushion!

3. Stuboy

Stuboy · Well-Known Member

these scales sound interesting... care to share? :D

Good luck with your pump! Keep us updated on how it goes...

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook