first timer any info/help?

bristoluk

Hi All. I am visiting my GP on Wednesday to get the results from my first test for Diabetis, I know it will be positive i can tell., and to be honest i am petrified. i have currently taken blood readings froma friends machine and all have come back between 19.5 to as low as 9 still above the "safe count" any advice would be appreciated on Diet and sustainng a good count.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Hi Bristoluk welcome to the forum.You do not say if you are type 1 or 2,do you know which you are? There are plenty of helpful threads on here for both types.Please ask us if you cannot find what you are looking for.

bristoluk

i have not been confirmed yet.GP tomorrow 10:30. i was tested on Friday and will be receiving the results in the morning. i know they will be positive. i am quite concerned in fact petrified of the unknown. Seems there is plenty of advice here.
many thanks
B

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Don't be afraid to come here and have a good moan if you want,We've all been where you are and know just how confusing and frightening it can be.

deadwood2

Best of luck - in a similar boat myself.

Strangely, now it's confirmed and I've got to get over the denial thing, it all seems more manageable.

The quack's "get tested NOW" / "see the nurse in three weeks" still seems a bit "come in peace" / "shoot to kill", but /I suppose (hope) this reflects that starting treatment treatment isn't crucial to hours and minutes.?

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya bristol and welcome,
if u are diabetic come back and ask as many questions as u need to and good luck :D

Aadrgon

deadwood2 said:
The quack's "get tested NOW" / "see the nurse in three weeks" still seems a bit "come in peace" / "shoot to kill", but /I suppose (hope) this reflects that starting treatment treatment isn't crucial to hours and minutes.?

Unless you're lucky and have a really good GP and diabetic nurse ( or should that be nurse who doesn't have diabetes but deals with people who do :lol: ) you'll learn a lot more on this forum about how best to treat your diabetes.

I went through a year of denial before finding this site so you're both off to a really good start